Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which candidate for governor openly advocates for constitutional carry?

Which candidate for governor openly advocates for constitutional carry?

Do you know which candidate openly advocates for constitutional carry?
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    Do you know which candidate openly advocates for constitutional carry?
    To my knowledge none.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Four years ago Cuccinelli did Thundar. I was present at most of his town meetings and he was all for it then.

That was then and now is now. Four years, bad mouthing from half the gun lobby and a lack of support therein, may well have tempered that opinion.

If Cuccinelli thinks it will earn a vote for him, I'm sure he would be glad to tell you he was in favor of constitutional carry. Just remember though that after he is elected, he will most likely tell you he "changed his mind" or "misread a law" or something equally stupid. He will tell you whatever he thinks will get you to vote for him and he has shown this numerous times in the past. Getting him to follow through with any of the things he has actually told you are a totally different story.

He may have gotten badmouthed by half of the gun lobby, but it's well deserved in my opinion. I do not, and will not ever support him again after being lied to constantly when we got him elected for AG.

Question: Which Candidate advocates for Constitutional Carry? Answer Sarvis

Link: http://robertsarvis.com/campaign/gun_rights

Last paragraph in the link.
    Last edited by Thundar; 06-14-2013 at 08:53 PM.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Quote Originally Posted by hometheaterman View Post
    He may have gotten badmouthed by half of the gun lobby, but it's well deserved in my opinion. I do not, and will not ever support him again after being lied to constantly when we got him elected for AG.
    That's why they have a vote instead of an opinion poll. I just answered the question. I'm not going to get into another Cuccinelli debate. Minds are already made up in most cases and in this election if Cuccinelli doesn't win, the alternative is a hundred times worse.

I'm not voting so I don't have much of a say in it but IMO right now, the gun lobby is in shreds, Kirby Burch and his ditch targets are endorsing incumbents just to keep Sunday hunting out, the Right to life people are doing the same as you and fighting the Republicans. If you think there's a chance in hell a 3rd party has a chance, I have a bridge for you cheap.

That stunt with the CHP list did a tremendous amount of damage to the party....

I'm seriously afraid this election is going to give us 4 years worse than any we've ever had!

Just MY opinion!
    Last edited by peter nap; 06-14-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Sadly,

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    That's why they have a vote instead of an opinion poll. I just answered the question. I'm not going to get into another Cuccinelli debate. Minds are already made up in most cases and in this election if Cuccinelli doesn't win, the alternative is a hundred times worse.

I'm not voting so I don't have much of a say in it but IMO right now, the gun lobby is in shreds, Kirby Burch and his ditch targets are endorsing incumbents just to keep Sunday hunting out, the Right to life people are doing the same as you and fighting the Republicans. If you think there's a chance in hell a 3rd party has a chance, I have a bridge for you cheap.

That stunt with the CHP list did a tremendous amount of damage to the party....

I'm seriously afraid this election is going to give us 4 years worse than any we've ever had!

Just MY opinion!
    I have to agree with almost everything you said. I however AM voting. Never seen a politician I agreed with all the time but I can't agree with Terry 90% of the time.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Link: http://robertsarvis.com/campaign/gun_rights

Last paragraph in the link.

Sadly, the only people the Libertarian Party can field are those who are not qualified for the job.

Don't get me wrong. I think the Sarvis is the kind of person we need in politics. More of our elected representatives should fight for our rights.

But a 36-year-old who has five degrees and six professions has not held a job long enough, or managed a large enough enterprise, or had the experiences needed for Governor.

Mind you - I'm also not advocating for the others; I think Virginia is screwed for the next 4-1/2 years (including the remaining time of McDonnell/Bolling/Cuccinelli), and may well vote Sarvis as a protest vote - but I don't think Sarvis is anywhere near qualified.

The Libertarians need to find QUALIFIED candidates, and they'd do MUCH better in elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    The Libertarians need to find QUALIFIED candidates, and they'd do MUCH better in elections.
    SMH, which we all know means 8% instead of 2%... and just enough to hand it to the Democrat.

TFred

If there were Republicans who we could trust to keep their nose out of our business, it might help them, but D&R either one wants to do something either for or to the people and I can't bring myself to vote for either one, most of the time.

(Not a resident of VA, but it is on my list of states I would move to after I finish with the Marines.)
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    SMH, which we all know means 8% instead of 2%... and just enough to hand it to the Democrat.

TFred
    I thought I was pretty clear in that I believe the Dem will be just as bad for Virginia as the Rep.

Just different issues to fight.

I thought I was pretty clear in that I believe the Dem will be just as bad for Virginia as the Rep.

I don't see it that way.

Historically the most difficult times and worst laws came about during times of Democratic leadership.

When was the last Virginia Democrat leader who was pro-gun/pro self defense?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

You were clear. You are wrong, but you were clear.

This is one of those times where we will have to agree to disagree, and still be friends.

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I don't see it that way.

Historically the most difficult times and worst laws came about during times of Democratic leadership.

When was the last Virginia Democrat leader who was pro-gun/pro self defense?

And when was the last Virginia Republican who was pro-woman, anti-tax, pro-individual liberty, pro-choice, pro-"pursuit of happiness" , etc.? I'd rather fight the Dems on guns than the Republicans on their social issues.

Diff'rent strokes, dontcha know.

Founder's Club Member
    And when was the last Virginia Republican who was pro-woman, anti-tax, pro-individual liberty, pro-choice, pro-"pursuit of happiness" , etc.? I'd rather fight the Dems on guns than the Republicans on their social issues.

Oh, that's easy. None. The closest were:

Patrick Henry, 1776-79, and 1784-86.

Thomas Jefferson, 1779-81.

Our first and second governors. Really highlights the shortcomings of the rest, don't it? Especially the recent ones.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member
    SNIP The Libertarians need to find QUALIFIED candidates, and they'd do MUCH better in elections.
    I wonder if that's even possible.

To be "qualified" one has to be in government a good while. And, that's pretty much an antithetical career choice for a genuine libertarian, except the Ron Paul's of the world. How many of those guys are out there? How many people we got in this world who are so dedicated to freedom, they'll actually dive into the very thing to which they opposed?

Ron Paul comes to mind.

Nigel Farage? (European Parliament) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vms_vd_yWgY

Daniel Hannan? (European Parliament) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94lW6Y4tBXs

How many of these guys exist?

Time to start making more. Which reminds me, that's what Ron Paul was doing by energizing youth. Somewhere in those tens or hundreds of thousands there's gotta be more.
    Last edited by Citizen; 06-16-2013 at 01:07 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

I'd rather fight the Dems on guns than the Republicans on their social issues.

Are you sure that you would not need to fight the republicans on gun rights?

I have not found one pro gun statement on the Cooch website.

That was the reason for my original question when I started this thread.

Founder's Club Member
    Are you sure that you would not need to fight the republicans on gun rights?

I have not found one pro gun statement on the Cooch website.

That was the reason for my original question when I started this thread.
    Oh, really. Super-supportive pro-gun Senator Cuccinelli omits his support for self-defense from his website? But, he's willing to impose his religious beliefs on others in defense of unborn children.

Oh, that's brilliant. Defend them strenuously in the womb, but they're on their own as adults? Yeah, that inspires confidence. /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Oh, really. Super-supportive pro-gun Senator Cuccinelli omits his support for self-defense from his website? But, he's willing to impose his religious beliefs on others in defense of unborn children.

Oh, that's brilliant. Defend them strenuously in the womb, but they're on their own as adults? Yeah, that inspires confidence. /sarcasm
    No, no, no Citizen. You have it all wrong. The Cooch knows which rights to defend and when to defend them. When he attacks our rights it is for our own good.

Founder's Club Member
    No, no, no Citizen. You have it all wrong. The Cooch knows which rights to defend and when to defend them. When he attacks our rights it is for our own good.
    Oh. Whoduh thunk it? I woulda thought God alone could make that decision. I mean, God give us them rights, didn't He? And, didn't He give them to us for our own good?

Well, now we've demolished the AG by proving he's anti-God. What's next on our list today.

Sadly, the only people the Libertarian Party can field are those who are not qualified for the job.

Don't get me wrong. I think the Sarvis is the kind of person we need in politics. More of our elected representatives should fight for our rights.

But a 36-year-old who has five degrees and six professions has not held a job long enough, or managed a large enough enterprise, or had the experiences needed for Governor.

Mind you - I'm also not advocating for the others; I think Virginia is screwed for the next 4-1/2 years (including the remaining time of McDonnell/Bolling/Cuccinelli), and may well vote Sarvis as a protest vote - but I don't think Sarvis is anywhere near qualified.

Sounds like qualifications to run a country if you ask a democrat. Remember running a business is different from running a government. In a business you want to produce a product or provide a service in order to make a profit, in government you want to spend what others earn while charging disproportionately of the citizens who earn more (read work) than those who earn less for a service that you may or may not provide.
    If Obama is the answer; how stupid was the question?

...I'd rather fight the Dems on guns...
    That fight will be tremendously harder, and possibly unwinnable, if the dems win.

Re: Which candidate for governor openly advocates for constitutional carry?

I'm very nervous over really the next 5-10 years. It just feels like that, pro gun is so divided lately. With all the crap going on lately, as much as I think constitutional carry is great, I think ATM defending what we've worked so hard on lately, needs more attention.

Sad part of it all...I don't think we've seen the worst of it gun or economic wise.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by mpguy View Post
    I'm very nervous over really the next 5-10 years. It just feels like that, pro gun is so divided lately. With all the crap going on lately, as much as I think constitutional carry is great, I think ATM defending what we've worked so hard on lately, needs more attention.

Sad part of it all...I don't think we've seen the worst of it gun or economic wise.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    I think you're looking too far in the future MP. The next 5 years will be extremely difficult. While gun rights are extremely important, so are other Constitutional rights....all are under attack.

What happens if the Dem's are elected? I don't know, no one does. As a Commonwealth I think we are in for hell. What happens Nationwide, I know we're in for hell either way. Reality isn't pretty but you can't eat pipe dreams.

And yes....I just wrote a lot in between these lines.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    --snipped--
    And yes....I just wrote a lot in between these lines.
    Makes coloring or walking between the lines difficult, doesn't it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast