• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Which candidate for governor openly advocates for constitutional carry?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Four years ago Cuccinelli did Thundar. I was present at most of his town meetings and he was all for it then.

That was then and now is now. Four years, bad mouthing from half the gun lobby and a lack of support therein, may well have tempered that opinion.

hometheaterman

If Cuccinelli thinks it will earn a vote for him, I'm sure he would be glad to tell you he was in favor of constitutional carry. Just remember though that after he is elected, he will most likely tell you he "changed his mind" or "misread a law" or something equally stupid. He will tell you whatever he thinks will get you to vote for him and he has shown this numerous times in the past. Getting him to follow through with any of the things he has actually told you are a totally different story.

He may have gotten badmouthed by half of the gun lobby, but it's well deserved in my opinion. I do not, and will not ever support him again after being lied to constantly when we got him elected for AG.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
He may have gotten badmouthed by half of the gun lobby, but it's well deserved in my opinion. I do not, and will not ever support him again after being lied to constantly when we got him elected for AG.

That's why they have a vote instead of an opinion poll. I just answered the question. I'm not going to get into another Cuccinelli debate. Minds are already made up in most cases and in this election if Cuccinelli doesn't win, the alternative is a hundred times worse.

I'm not voting so I don't have much of a say in it but IMO right now, the gun lobby is in shreds, Kirby Burch and his ditch targets are endorsing incumbents just to keep Sunday hunting out, the Right to life people are doing the same as you and fighting the Republicans. If you think there's a chance in hell a 3rd party has a chance, I have a bridge for you cheap.

That stunt with the CHP list did a tremendous amount of damage to the party....

I'm seriously afraid this election is going to give us 4 years worse than any we've ever had!

Just MY opinion!

Last edited:

va_tazdad

Sadly,

That's why they have a vote instead of an opinion poll. I just answered the question. I'm not going to get into another Cuccinelli debate. Minds are already made up in most cases and in this election if Cuccinelli doesn't win, the alternative is a hundred times worse.

I'm not voting so I don't have much of a say in it but IMO right now, the gun lobby is in shreds, Kirby Burch and his ditch targets are endorsing incumbents just to keep Sunday hunting out, the Right to life people are doing the same as you and fighting the Republicans. If you think there's a chance in hell a 3rd party has a chance, I have a bridge for you cheap.

That stunt with the CHP list did a tremendous amount of damage to the party....

I'm seriously afraid this election is going to give us 4 years worse than any we've ever had!

Just MY opinion!

I have to agree with almost everything you said. I however AM voting. Never seen a politician I agreed with all the time but I can't agree with Terry 90% of the time.

Tess

Founder's Club Member

Sadly, the only people the Libertarian Party can field are those who are not qualified for the job.

Don't get me wrong. I think the Sarvis is the kind of person we need in politics. More of our elected representatives should fight for our rights.

But a 36-year-old who has five degrees and six professions has not held a job long enough, or managed a large enough enterprise, or had the experiences needed for Governor.

Mind you - I'm also not advocating for the others; I think Virginia is screwed for the next 4-1/2 years (including the remaining time of McDonnell/Bolling/Cuccinelli), and may well vote Sarvis as a protest vote - but I don't think Sarvis is anywhere near qualified.

The Libertarians need to find QUALIFIED candidates, and they'd do MUCH better in elections.

ron73440

If there were Republicans who we could trust to keep their nose out of our business, it might help them, but D&R either one wants to do something either for or to the people and I can't bring myself to vote for either one, most of the time.

(Not a resident of VA, but it is on my list of states I would move to after I finish with the Marines.)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
SMH, which we all know means 8% instead of 2%... and just enough to hand it to the Democrat.

:banghead:

TFred

I thought I was pretty clear in that I believe the Dem will be just as bad for Virginia as the Rep.

Just different issues to fight.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I thought I was pretty clear in that I believe the Dem will be just as bad for Virginia as the Rep.

Just different issues to fight.

I don't see it that way.

Historically the most difficult times and worst laws came about during times of Democratic leadership.

When was the last Virginia Democrat leader who was pro-gun/pro self defense?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I don't see it that way.

Historically the most difficult times and worst laws came about during times of Democratic leadership.

When was the last Virginia Democrat leader who was pro-gun/pro self defense?

And when was the last Virginia Republican who was pro-woman, anti-tax, pro-individual liberty, pro-choice, pro-"pursuit of happiness" , etc.? I'd rather fight the Dems on guns than the Republicans on their social issues.

Diff'rent strokes, dontcha know.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
And when was the last Virginia Republican who was pro-woman, anti-tax, pro-individual liberty, pro-choice, pro-"pursuit of happiness" , etc.? I'd rather fight the Dems on guns than the Republicans on their social issues.

Oh, that's easy. None. The closest were:

Patrick Henry, 1776-79, and 1784-86.

Thomas Jefferson, 1779-81.

Our first and second governors. Really highlights the shortcomings of the rest, don't it? Especially the recent ones.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP The Libertarians need to find QUALIFIED candidates, and they'd do MUCH better in elections.

I wonder if that's even possible.

To be "qualified" one has to be in government a good while. And, that's pretty much an antithetical career choice for a genuine libertarian, except the Ron Paul's of the world. How many of those guys are out there? How many people we got in this world who are so dedicated to freedom, they'll actually dive into the very thing to which they opposed?

Ron Paul comes to mind.

Nigel Farage? (European Parliament) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vms_vd_yWgY

Daniel Hannan? (European Parliament) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94lW6Y4tBXs

How many of these guys exist?

Time to start making more. Which reminds me, that's what Ron Paul was doing by energizing youth. Somewhere in those tens or hundreds of thousands there's gotta be more.

Last edited:

Thundar

I'd rather fight the Dems on guns than the Republicans on their social issues.

Are you sure that you would not need to fight the republicans on gun rights?

I have not found one pro gun statement on the Cooch website.

That was the reason for my original question when I started this thread.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Are you sure that you would not need to fight the republicans on gun rights?

I have not found one pro gun statement on the Cooch website.

That was the reason for my original question when I started this thread.

Oh, really. Super-supportive pro-gun Senator Cuccinelli omits his support for self-defense from his website? But, he's willing to impose his religious beliefs on others in defense of unborn children.

Oh, that's brilliant. Defend them strenuously in the womb, but they're on their own as adults? Yeah, that inspires confidence. /sarcasm

Thundar

Oh, really. Super-supportive pro-gun Senator Cuccinelli omits his support for self-defense from his website? But, he's willing to impose his religious beliefs on others in defense of unborn children.

Oh, that's brilliant. Defend them strenuously in the womb, but they're on their own as adults? Yeah, that inspires confidence. /sarcasm

No, no, no Citizen. You have it all wrong. The Cooch knows which rights to defend and when to defend them. When he attacks our rights it is for our own good.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
No, no, no Citizen. You have it all wrong. The Cooch knows which rights to defend and when to defend them. When he attacks our rights it is for our own good.

Oh. Whoduh thunk it? I woulda thought God alone could make that decision. I mean, God give us them rights, didn't He? And, didn't He give them to us for our own good?

Well, now we've demolished the AG by proving he's anti-God. What's next on our list today. :)