• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bloomin' Bus Coming to Virginia

AtackDuck

The 25-state, 100-day “No More Names: National Drive to Reduce Gun Violence” bus tour launched today by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg's Mayors Against Illegal Guns, is coming to Virginia! No word on the schedule. I imagine Bloomers is worried about supporters of liberty organizing a welcoming reception for the bus...
Hmmm, sounds like a neighborly thing to do: organizing a welcoming reception at every town they stop in, in Virginia.
Perhaps VCDL would help? :banana:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The 25-state, 100-day “No More Names: National Drive to Reduce Gun Violence” bus tour launched today by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg's Mayors Against Illegal Guns, is coming to Virginia! No word on the schedule. I imagine Bloomers is worried about supporters of liberty organizing a welcoming reception for the bus...
Hmmm, sounds like a neighborly thing to do: organizing a welcoming reception at every town they stop in, in Virginia.
Perhaps VCDL would help? :banana:

Let's get a schedule and welcome them to our state and help them get out quickly!

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
We need to do what the decent folks do when those Westboro nuts come to town... set up a human picket line... all carrying LARGE signs that say "YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE!!"

TFred

That's not bad TFred!
Not only here but every state they visit.
We need a schedule.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The bus tour will first head north to Concord, N.H., and Augusta, Maine. Locations in other states will be announced during the week of the stop.

We need to keep up with this!

scouser

I think we should invite him.

If he has people observing what is written here then he's going to know we plan to invite him. However, he's not going to know which invite he receives is us. So, knowing we have a false invitation out there somewhere, they're going to have to devote time and resources into checking every invite to find out which are genuine or not

Old Virginia Joe

. . . . same story, different details . . . . . .

Still am amazed that he or the straw purchasers were not prosecuted in Virginia. After all, straw buying is a FELONY.

probably due to the same legal logic that the Petersburg Circuit Court Clerk used to escape justice recently regarding the illegal CHP process. Someone decided the prosecution wasn't worth the cost, and they didn't really mean to break the law, and it wasn't intentional, and they wouldn't do it anymore, and etc., etc., and the powers that be just decided to let them off and said "go and sin no more." Same thing with David Gregory of NBC with the "illegal" magazine, live on "Meet the Press," and we let him off the hook. Same feeling I had then, that I wanted to barf to see tyranny and/or lawlessness ("not for me, but for thee") go unpunished. How LONG are we going to put up with this junk??

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
probably due to the same legal logic that the Petersburg Circuit Court Clerk used to escape justice recently regarding the illegal CHP process. Someone decided the prosecution wasn't worth the cost, and they didn't really mean to break the law, and it wasn't intentional, and they wouldn't do it anymore, and etc., etc., and the powers that be just decided to let them off and said "go and sin no more." Same thing with David Gregory of NBC with the "illegal" magazine, live on "Meet the Press," and we let him off the hook. Same feeling I had then, that I wanted to barf to see tyranny and/or lawlessness ("not for me, but for thee") go unpunished. How LONG are we going to put up with this junk??
Different set of circumstances with a Clerk of Court such as the one in Petersburg recently. A Clerk can be charge with malfeasance in office (doubt you could get a conviction for small discrepancies), suffer a recall election, have bad acts brought up at future election, or be directed by the Supreme Court of Va. via a Writ of Mandamus.
http://www.lawserver.com/law/state/virginia/va-code/virginia_code_2-2-3122

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+24.2-684.1

If the Writ moves forward to a decision, the Clerk's office might be held responsible for the legal expenses of the citizen, but no more than that - no personal or municipal liability/exposure - no penalty.

In this case, the Petersburg Clerk resisted until public exposure and pressure from the Writ of Mandamus caused her to capitulate before it was heard - so there is no recovery of legal expenses. It was good that VCDL agreed to fund the legal expenses for Builtjeep as not many private parties could carry this alone............IMO that is what the Clerk was counting on.

Obviously VCDL cannot fund all such potential cases - we must be very selective and look to maximize the benefit when we do.

With sharp teeth added to the law wherein the Clerk would have personal liability along with the municipal liability, I believe that the city and county councils would fall all over themselves to clear these problems up instead of risking court and fines.

Last edited:

Old Virginia Joe

With sharp teeth added to the law wherein the Clerk would have personal liability along with the municipal liability, I believe that the city and county councils would fall all over themselves to clear these problems up instead of risking court and fines.

Let us remember, the Clerk is an elected office, as is the council members, and as such, I think there is some legal independence between them, such that maybe the one is not liable for actions of the other---isn't that mostly true?

Old Virginia Joe

Would it be possible for someone to create a pin back button with Bloomie's face on it, surrounded with a frilly, colonial-style cloth hair covering for women, making him look like the Nanny-style dictator he seems to want to be, to ridicule him? Imagine all of us wearing such a button?