Thread: Grants Pass Area

Grants Pass Area

Generally speaking, is the Grants Pass area OC friendly?

Huh????

This is th Oregon forum...
    Planning a visit???
    Grant Pass is in southern Oregon,,,, No problems with Open Carry there!

Why do you ask?
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    This is th Oregon forum...
    Planning a visit???
    Grant Pass is in southern Oregon,,,, No problems with Open Carry there!

Why do you ask?
    Defender, the wife and I will be out in Wilderville for two weeks. We have a home out there that we bought in 2010 and plan to retire there in a few years. We go out there several times a year. I started OCing here in VA about 6 months ago. We will be bringing our sidearms with us mainly for protection of a cougar that is hanging out on our property. Figure a good bit of target practice might change his mind. We do go into GP to eat fairly frequently and don't recall seeing anyone OC. We also plan to stop by the sheriff's office to apply for a CHL. I understand that Gill is a good guy...

Southern Oregon in general seems pretty good about OC. I mostly OC in Klamath Falls and Medford. I have seen a couple people open carry in a grocery store in Grants Pass. You are good to go!

As long as you stick to side arms (as opposed to the verboten topic here) you should have not issues with LEO's in the Grants Pass area. I have OC'd since 2009 in Medford and Grants Pass with only one interaction with LEO's and that was a "non-event".

Send a shout when you're out here and perhaps we can get together.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

What, are you looking to share his cougar that's hanging around?

Lest one wonder why a Kalifornistanian is commenting in the Oregon forum, I watch for Chiloquin and Klamath issues.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-17-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    What, are you looking to share his cougar that's hanging around?

Lest one wonder why a Kalifornistanian is commenting in the Oregon forum, I watch for Chiloquin and Klamath issues.
    If I don't see a cougar on my property it's a "good cougar". If I see a cougar on my property it's a DEAD cougar. If you see it, it has no fear of humans and is therefore a threat. But no, he can have his own cougar.

Note: the cougars mentioned above are the four legged variety. The two legged variety are more than welcome to be seen on my property.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.