Thread: Gun safe for Harley

Gun safe for Harley

I ride a Harley to work sometimes and have to leave my gun at home when I do.
    I am looking for something I can use as a gun safe secured to the bike to lock my
    gun in. Any one know of something?

Mike

what model of Harley?

Quote Originally Posted by flb_78 View Post
    what model of Harley?
    2002 XL1200C W/sissy bar/ luggage rack.

oh....hmm....

How difficult is it to unbolt the luggage rack?

Maybe get another one and have steel box attached to it, either bolted to the rack, or maybe even welded.

When you need to bike to look good, bolt the regular rack on it, during the week, bolt the safe on it.

Gun safe for Harley

Quote Originally Posted by ps1mhd View Post
    I am looking for something I can use as a gun safe secured to the bike to lock my

Mike
    I am asking because I really don't know. Please don't flame me or do the whole newb stupid question routine.

Why can't you open carry on motorcycle? If you can open carry a gun on your person in a car legally then why not while riding on a bike?

Orion13

Quote Originally Posted by Orion_13 View Post
    I am asking because I really don't know. Please don't flame me or do the whole newb stupid question routine.

Why can't you open carry on motorcycle? If you can open carry a gun on your person in a car legally then why not while riding on a bike?

Orion13
    I OC all the time on and off my bike. This is for when I ride it to work I can not carry at work.

Mike

Gun safe for Harley

I OC all the time on and off my bike. This is for when I ride it to work I can not carry at work.

Mike
    Just making sure. I've done it twice. With my limited knowledge from here and reading of the krs I thought it was ok to do. When I read your post it gave me a moment of pause.

Orion

Re: Gun safe for Harley

Mount a stack-on sideways in front is the gas tank. To the frame between the gas tank and handlebars. Just be careful as a deep stack-on might inhibit your turning radius by having the forks hit it.

Sent from the back of a black van

Just curious...

Does this bike not have the storage compartment below the seat? My Husbands bikes have one, that locks also. He is able to just fit his handgun into this compartment, wrapped in a thin cloth and placed inside a ziplock freezer bag (for moisture protection). He only does this if he knows he'll be going into a place that does not allow open/concealed carry. Otherwise he wears it. I feel much safer when he is out riding, knowing that he has his firearm with him.

Quote Originally Posted by NativeAmerican View Post
    Does this bike not have the storage compartment below the seat? My Husbands bikes have one, that locks also. He is able to just fit his handgun into this compartment, wrapped in a thin cloth and placed inside a ziplock freezer bag (for moisture protection). He only does this if he knows he'll be going into a place that does not allow open/concealed carry. Otherwise he wears it. I feel much safer when he is out riding, knowing that he has his firearm with him.
    Seat mounts to frame on H-D's I only need something for when I ride to work otherwise I OC.

Mike

I rade a Harley also and wouldn't fel comfortable leaving my pistol on the bike as if someone really got motivated they could steal the whole bike. Harder to do with a car but it does happen.

Suggestion is talk to your work about securing it inside a safe or in someones office while your at work. It never hurts to ask, they can only tell you no.

Keep in mind that a older Harley is not exactly the smoothest bike on the road. I used to polish my brass by putting a container filled with brass and medium in the saddle bags. Parts that are not tight fitting will wear from the vibration.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Gun safe for Harley

Thought about this one ... http://www.gunsafes.com/Console-Vaul...ger-Vault.html

To counter vibration, have thought about lining with foam but only time firearm would be locked inside would be only when going in where not allowed carry. Still haven't committed to a purchase though.

If I needed something like that, I'd get a small ammo box, and cut slot in locking handle to accept lock hasp. Now U have a lockbox.
    Next find a suitable bag, leather cordura whatever suits you, and the lockbox.
    Then fasten lockbox somewhere suitable on bike, via tamper resist bolts, nutted inside box, also bolting through the incognito storagepouch/saddlebag/plainbrownwrapper.

Mike
    I think I've found exactly what you're looking for!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

The gun safe recommend

You can reviews some gun safes on the internet. It usually has the discount. You should make sure the size of gun safe at first. And you should choose the biomatric type if you wanna the models with the quick speed of opening. The website will help you choose the best gun safe. I hope that it is helpful to you.

Floor Board gun safe

Not sure who makes them but not very long ago i saw an ad for Motorcycle floor board gun safe. It was cool, and my VTX does have floor boards but i use my saddle bags to store my fire arm when needed. They lock shut and lock to the bike, as far as stealing the whole bike, good luck with that, i always lock the forks and it weighs 900 lbs. Not impossible to steal, but not something you can do on a whim.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0084.jpg 
Views:	558 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	11590
    "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason