• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun safe for Harley

ps1mhd

I ride a Harley to work sometimes and have to leave my gun at home when I do.
I am looking for something I can use as a gun safe secured to the bike to lock my
gun in. Any one know of something?

Mike

flb_78

oh....hmm....

How difficult is it to unbolt the luggage rack?

Maybe get another one and have steel box attached to it, either bolted to the rack, or maybe even welded.

When you need to bike to look good, bolt the regular rack on it, during the week, bolt the safe on it.

Orion_13

I ride a Harley to work sometimes and have to leave my gun at home when I do.
I am looking for something I can use as a gun safe secured to the bike to lock my
gun in. Any one know of something?

Mike

I am asking because I really don't know. Please don't flame me or do the whole newb stupid question routine.

Why can't you open carry on motorcycle? If you can open carry a gun on your person in a car legally then why not while riding on a bike?

Orion13

ps1mhd

I am asking because I really don't know. Please don't flame me or do the whole newb stupid question routine.

Why can't you open carry on motorcycle? If you can open carry a gun on your person in a car legally then why not while riding on a bike?

Orion13

I OC all the time on and off my bike. This is for when I ride it to work I can not carry at work.

Mike

SPOProds

Mount a stack-on sideways in front is the gas tank. To the frame between the gas tank and handlebars. Just be careful as a deep stack-on might inhibit your turning radius by having the forks hit it.

Sent from the back of a black van

NativeAmerican

Just curious...

Does this bike not have the storage compartment below the seat? My Husbands bikes have one, that locks also. He is able to just fit his handgun into this compartment, wrapped in a thin cloth and placed inside a ziplock freezer bag (for moisture protection). He only does this if he knows he'll be going into a place that does not allow open/concealed carry. Otherwise he wears it. I feel much safer when he is out riding, knowing that he has his firearm with him.

ps1mhd

Does this bike not have the storage compartment below the seat? My Husbands bikes have one, that locks also. He is able to just fit his handgun into this compartment, wrapped in a thin cloth and placed inside a ziplock freezer bag (for moisture protection). He only does this if he knows he'll be going into a place that does not allow open/concealed carry. Otherwise he wears it. I feel much safer when he is out riding, knowing that he has his firearm with him.

Seat mounts to frame on H-D's I only need something for when I ride to work otherwise I OC.

Mike

DocWalker

I rade a Harley also and wouldn't fel comfortable leaving my pistol on the bike as if someone really got motivated they could steal the whole bike. Harder to do with a car but it does happen.

Suggestion is talk to your work about securing it inside a safe or in someones office while your at work. It never hurts to ask, they can only tell you no.

WalkingWolf

Keep in mind that a older Harley is not exactly the smoothest bike on the road. I used to polish my brass by putting a container filled with brass and medium in the saddle bags. Parts that are not tight fitting will wear from the vibration.

richief

If I needed something like that, I'd get a small ammo box, and cut slot in locking handle to accept lock hasp. Now U have a lockbox.
Next find a suitable bag, leather cordura whatever suits you, and the lockbox.
Then fasten lockbox somewhere suitable on bike, via tamper resist bolts, nutted inside box, also bolting through the incognito storagepouch/saddlebag/plainbrownwrapper.

oddMichaelThompson

The gun safe recommend

You can reviews some gun safes on the internet. It usually has the discount. You should make sure the size of gun safe at first. And you should choose the biomatric type if you wanna the models with the quick speed of opening. The website will help you choose the best gun safe. I hope that it is helpful to you.

KRM59

Floor Board gun safe

Not sure who makes them but not very long ago i saw an ad for Motorcycle floor board gun safe. It was cool, and my VTX does have floor boards but i use my saddle bags to store my fire arm when needed. They lock shut and lock to the bike, as far as stealing the whole bike, good luck with that, i always lock the forks and it weighs 900 lbs. Not impossible to steal, but not something you can do on a whim.

IMG_0084.jpg