Thread: Timeframe for CHL?

Timeframe for CHL?

Is there a legislated timeframe for the CHL process in Oregon? I was printed and paid my fees on March 7 and the only response I get from the Sherrifs office is "it takes time". Still waiting, oh so patiently!

Timeframe for CHL?

It varies on which county and how many people have applied for there's. I won't even get printed till August

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

There is a legislated time frame but ummmmm who are you going to complain to? I'd suggest a call to your state representatives though to make sure they're informed that the sheriff isn't doing his job.

I paid my fees in March as well (after you) and still haven't gotten my new CHL. I'm wondering how long the thermal paper printed receipt will survive.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Timeframe for CHL?

I tried the rep route already, received a nice email describing all of the issues they are running into with"PERS" and nothing pertaining to my issue. Oh well, priorities I suppose; I will just sit in the dark and bide my time waiting in Southern Oregon hoping the Zombies pass me by!

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter View Post
    I tried the rep route already, received a nice email describing all of the issues they are running into with"PERS" and nothing pertaining to my issue. Oh well, priorities I suppose; I will just sit in the dark and bide my time waiting in Southern Oregon hoping the Zombies pass me by!
    Just open carry without the CHL. I hardly ever carry my CHL with me when I OC (or any ID for that matter). Unless you go walking around with something besides a handgun you're highly unlikely to have any issues here in the Medford "metro" area.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Applied for CHL Jan 27 2012...got it Feb 1...Go Linn County.

Took my CHL class on Jan 7th. Appt for background and fingerprinting on March 27 and had my CHL in hand on March 30.
    In Deschutes county they have 45 days after you submit to give you your CHL or a denial.

..I still say Linn County is better :P

Time Frame

Quote Originally Posted by 45 Fan View Post
    ..I still say Linn County is better :P
    I think Yamhill has you beat, My friend just applied for his a few weeks ago. He was printed and had his phots taken on Wednesday, paid Wednesday and had his CCW on Friday!

I applied late on a friday they probably didnt start processing til monday and i had it by wed...so :P my sheriff wins...

In Mult County I was printed July 15th. I'm still waiting.

A coworker however was printed on July 2nd, and received his July 26th.

It's been 44 days and I called the Sheriff station and it's still under review. I had completely forgotten that my misdemeanor assault charge back in 2005 was domestic violence related. It was dismissed but apparently is still an issue. But I shouldn't have been able to even buy guns to begin with if it were an issue, or so I thought.

Day 45. The Sgt. that is reviewing my case, after being reminded to look into mine, emailed the conceal carry office back and said it would take another week to go over police reports and whatnot. I guess I should start asking my friends, coworkers, and what little family on my side I have left, to write me some character reference letters.
    Last edited by TonyA; 08-29-2013 at 11:58 AM.