Thread: Chicago gang member entitlement mentality

Chicago gang member entitlement mentality

This is insane.
    Gang members (and other community people) protest that a hospital is being shut down. But it's what the gang leader said that's jaw-dropping.

"It's bad enough we're out here harming each other," said Don Dirk Acklin, co-founder of the Black Disciples. "But then for the hospital to close that can help people that is innocent and being harmed - that's genocide."

... HOW ABOUT YOU STOP KILLING PEOPLE?!?!?!
    And maybe, how about you start paying for the medical treatment you get there?

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/healt....1371342511112

that's genocide
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk He says it so much better than I can.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post

Why do some of the threads you start begin this way, with just a period? Just wondering.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by J1MB0B View Post
    Why do some of the threads you start begin this way, with just a period? Just wondering.
    . me 2

Maybe a way to boost thread count?

Banned
    She does it to avoid the ads interfering with the content of her post.

The snarkiness is not necessary. Simply asking, as J1MB0B originally did, would be the rational way to resolve the question. His later assumption and the other rude replies were inexcusable.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    She does it to avoid the ads interfering with the content of her post.

The snarkiness is not necessary. Simply asking, as J1MB0B originally did, would be the rational way to resolve the question. His later assumption and the other rude replies were inexcusable.
    I have not noticed ads interfering with the contents of other people's posts before, can you give me an example?

Nearly 100% of the time when I start a thread there's an ad in the upper right of the text area which interferes with the formatting. In fact, as I look at the 1st post now, there's an ad taking up about 1/3 of the box, from the right side in.
    If I wanted a narrow little column of text, I would have typed it that way...
    That being said, when it starts out that way, and I reload the page once it's posted, it usually goes away.
    Not sure why.
    If there's an ad blocker I can download, I'd be willing to look at it. I already use donottrack plus.

I don't care about post count. I've been here long enough most people have figured out I'm not a flash in the pan noob.

And thank you to the one person who actually bothered to PM me & ask, instead of assuming or guessing or being snarky. (Or maybe you were trying to be silly? Emotion is sometimes difficult in print.) I hadn't seen the question here.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 06-19-2013 at 04:34 AM.

Was just curious. The post count was the only thing I could think of as a reason, now that it has been explained, I can see how the ads can be a pain.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by J1MB0B View Post
    I have not noticed ads interfering with the contents of other people's posts before, can you give me an example?
    How much the ad interferes with the first post depends on your browser, your device, and whether the site is being viewed in portrait or landscape. I have seen the ad turn a post into a narrow column of text or cut into pictures or videos.

In an effort to get the thread back on topic, here is the originally linked story: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/healt....1371342511112