• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chicago gang member entitlement mentality

MKEgal

This is insane.
Gang members (and other community people) protest that a hospital is being shut down. But it's what the gang leader said that's jaw-dropping.

"It's bad enough we're out here harming each other," said Don Dirk Acklin, co-founder of the Black Disciples. "But then for the hospital to close that can help people that is innocent and being harmed - that's genocide."

... HOW ABOUT YOU STOP KILLING PEOPLE?!?!?!
And maybe, how about you start paying for the medical treatment you get there?

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/heal...1342511112.1&__hssc=223762052.3.1371342511112

eye95

She does it to avoid the ads interfering with the content of her post.

The snarkiness is not necessary. Simply asking, as J1MB0B originally did, would be the rational way to resolve the question. His later assumption and the other rude replies were inexcusable.

J1MB0B

She does it to avoid the ads interfering with the content of her post.

The snarkiness is not necessary. Simply asking, as J1MB0B originally did, would be the rational way to resolve the question. His later assumption and the other rude replies were inexcusable.

I have not noticed ads interfering with the contents of other people's posts before, can you give me an example?

MKEgal

Nearly 100% of the time when I start a thread there's an ad in the upper right of the text area which interferes with the formatting. In fact, as I look at the 1st post now, there's an ad taking up about 1/3 of the box, from the right side in.
If I wanted a narrow little column of text, I would have typed it that way... :cuss:
That being said, when it starts out that way, and I reload the page once it's posted, it usually goes away.
Not sure why.
If there's an ad blocker I can download, I'd be willing to look at it. I already use donottrack plus.

I don't care about post count. I've been here long enough most people have figured out I'm not a flash in the pan noob. :D

And thank you to the one person who actually bothered to PM me & ask, instead of assuming or guessing or being snarky. (Or maybe you were trying to be silly? Emotion is sometimes difficult in print.) I hadn't seen the question here.

Last edited:

J1MB0B

Was just curious. The post count was the only thing I could think of as a reason, now that it has been explained, I can see how the ads can be a pain.

eye95

I have not noticed ads interfering with the contents of other people's posts before, can you give me an example?

How much the ad interferes with the first post depends on your browser, your device, and whether the site is being viewed in portrait or landscape. I have seen the ad turn a post into a narrow column of text or cut into pictures or videos.

In an effort to get the thread back on topic, here is the originally linked story: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/heal...1342511112.1&__hssc=223762052.3.1371342511112