Thread: U of Arkansas @ Little Rock bans guns, tells victims to nod at attackers

U of Arkansas @ Little Rock bans guns, tells victims to nod at attackers

http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/06/ca...#ixzz2WCkUtPF5

In lieu of guns, people who find themselves in dangerous situations at or near the University of Arkansas at Little Rock should defend themselves by glancing and nodding, said a university safety expert.

Re: U of Arkansas @ Little Rock bans guns, tells victims to nod at attackers

Such buffoonery should be illegal before my first cup of coffee.

"I was on my way to my car after class, when I noticed 3 shady-looking guys.

They started towards me, and I fought them off with my Ninja Nodding Skills." <Sarcasm off>

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    The banning of guns is horrendous,

I have to say there is some wisdom in the glance and nod aspect...I hear people ( other gun owners) when I go through such and such bad neighborhood I look straight ahead and keep going......My response is are you trying to make yourself a target.

There is a lot to simply showing respect to others and in many bad neighborhoods respect is a big issue. A simple glance and nod, may save you from a lot of trouble.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I was a student at UALR when I lived in Arkansas. My Sweet Baboo and I went armed on a daily basis. She had two incidents where she had to draw a weapon to protect herself, both successful.
    Nod?? Really??
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Banned

Being aware of the presence of BGs, and even letting them know of your awareness, is useless without the ability to fend off said BGs.

Idiot anti-gunners. All emotion. No logic.

"Alex, I'll take pithy gun quotes for $400."

"Your clue is, "...is a good guy with a gun."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    <O>
    Last edited by eye95; 06-16-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    ...Nod?? Really??
    I you look like Chuck Norris, a nod would probably be extremely effective.

If you look like Clara Pell, not so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

I will NOD at them after i dump lead into their chest cavity.
    Last edited by zack991; 06-16-2013 at 07:54 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

It was the rape victim's own fault. She wore make-up, high heels, and a short skirt.

It was the robbery victim's own fault. His wallet was poking out of his pocket.

It was the car-theft victim's own fault. She hadn't repaired the broken window.

It was the beating victim's own fault. He didn't nod to the thug.

Et cetera.
    Last edited by MAC702; 06-16-2013 at 09:00 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    The banning of guns is horrendous,

I have to say there is some wisdom in the glance and nod aspect...I hear people ( other gun owners) when I go through such and such bad neighborhood I look straight ahead and keep going......My response is are you trying to make yourself a target.

There is a lot to simply showing respect to others and in many bad neighborhoods respect is a big issue. A simple glance and nod, may save you from a lot of trouble.

there is a lot of truth to what you said. i was OCing to pick up a pizza a few weeks ago and i had to park in an alley off main street in downtown memphis. There was a couple shady looking guys loitering around, i had seen them right when i rounded the corner and immediately moved to the other side of the street but as i approached, i nodded but i think my G17 riding in her comptac probably said more than the nod.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    there is a lot of truth to what you said. i was OCing to pick up a pizza a few weeks ago and i had to park in an alley off main street in downtown memphis. There was a couple shady looking guys loitering around, i had seen them right when i rounded the corner and immediately moved to the other side of the street but as i approached, i nodded but i think my G17 riding in her comptac probably said more than the nod.
    OMG!!!!!!You mean that you were OC and you were not attacked by these two shady looking guys and your gun taken? But the anti OC carry crowd says that this what will happen. Could the anti OC camp be wrong?

I was walking my dog the other evening when one of those guys that goes door to door asking if you've heard of such-and-such educational program (typically a begging scam) approached me. My dog reacted somewhat defensively (growled and the hair on her back stood up). I called her to attention in German, and the guy looked at me.

Seeing my Model 37 in its crossdraw holster, he said, "I guess I caught you at a bad time."

I responded, "There aren't any good times," and he went on his way with some alacrity.

Don't give up the open carry fight.

ECS
    Oklahoma
    "If the truth hurts, it should." - Dad

" A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

"The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter." - Sam Spade, The Maltese Falcon