• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

U of Arkansas @ Little Rock bans guns, tells victims to nod at attackers

b0neZ

Such buffoonery should be illegal before my first cup of coffee. :mad:

"I was on my way to my car after class, when I noticed 3 shady-looking guys.

They started towards me, and I fought them off with my Ninja Nodding Skills." <Sarcasm off>

sudden valley gunner

The banning of guns is horrendous,

I have to say there is some wisdom in the glance and nod aspect...I hear people ( other gun owners) when I go through such and such bad neighborhood I look straight ahead and keep going......My response is are you trying to make yourself a target.

There is a lot to simply showing respect to others and in many bad neighborhoods respect is a big issue. A simple glance and nod, may save you from a lot of trouble.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I was a student at UALR when I lived in Arkansas. My Sweet Baboo and I went armed on a daily basis. She had two incidents where she had to draw a weapon to protect herself, both successful.
Nod?? Really??

eye95

Being aware of the presence of BGs, and even letting them know of your awareness, is useless without the ability to fend off said BGs.

Idiot anti-gunners. All emotion. No logic.

"Alex, I'll take pithy gun quotes for $400."

"Your clue is, "...is a good guy with a gun."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
<O>

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
It was the rape victim's own fault. She wore make-up, high heels, and a short skirt.

It was the robbery victim's own fault. His wallet was poking out of his pocket.

It was the car-theft victim's own fault. She hadn't repaired the broken window.

It was the beating victim's own fault. He didn't nod to the thug.

Et cetera.

Last edited:

Kopis

The banning of guns is horrendous,

I have to say there is some wisdom in the glance and nod aspect...I hear people ( other gun owners) when I go through such and such bad neighborhood I look straight ahead and keep going......My response is are you trying to make yourself a target.

There is a lot to simply showing respect to others and in many bad neighborhoods respect is a big issue. A simple glance and nod, may save you from a lot of trouble.

there is a lot of truth to what you said. i was OCing to pick up a pizza a few weeks ago and i had to park in an alley off main street in downtown memphis. There was a couple shady looking guys loitering around, i had seen them right when i rounded the corner and immediately moved to the other side of the street but as i approached, i nodded but i think my G17 riding in her comptac probably said more than the nod.

there is a lot of truth to what you said. i was OCing to pick up a pizza a few weeks ago and i had to park in an alley off main street in downtown memphis. There was a couple shady looking guys loitering around, i had seen them right when i rounded the corner and immediately moved to the other side of the street but as i approached, i nodded but i think my G17 riding in her comptac probably said more than the nod.

OMG!!!!!!You mean that you were OC and you were not attacked by these two shady looking guys and your gun taken? But the anti OC carry crowd says that this what will happen. Could the anti OC camp be wrong?

Elm Creek Smith

I was walking my dog the other evening when one of those guys that goes door to door asking if you've heard of such-and-such educational program (typically a begging scam) approached me. My dog reacted somewhat defensively (growled and the hair on her back stood up). I called her to attention in German, and the guy looked at me.

Seeing my Model 37 in its crossdraw holster, he said, "I guess I caught you at a bad time."

I responded, "There aren't any good times," and he went on his way with some alacrity.

Don't give up the open carry fight.

ECS
Oklahoma