• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NYC: 25 people shot in 48 hours

MKEgal

How's that gun-control thing working out for ya?
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/25-people-shot-48-hours-article-1.1361388

Unfortunately, they're probably going to claim it's actually helping. :(
Sunday’s carnage followed the shooting of 14 people — three of whom died — in a terrifying 26 hours that began Friday night. A total of six people were killed during the grim weekend.
Despite the violence, that figure represents a 23% drop compared with the 574 victims shot through this time last year.

eye95

Not true. NYC is essentially a GFZ, therefore violence perpetrated with guns is nigh onto impossible. This story is just a plant by pro-gunners to discredit Bloomberg!

joanie

How's that gun-control thing working out for ya?
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/25-people-shot-48-hours-article-1.1361388

Unfortunately, they're probably going to claim it's actually helping. :(

What they are probably going to claim, is that they are on the right track and need more bans, restrictions, regulations, ect on guns. They might bring up this recent gun control legislation and say it was because it didn't pass into law or something. They will say other states needs to have the same laws in place as theirs does. Then when or if those laws do get passed to all or most the other states, OCDO will embrace them and not let anyone speak ill of them. Or perhaps this will apply to only me. Their site I guess, but if it were me, I'd be alittle more concerned about protecting the 1st, 2ed, and 4th.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
What they are probably going to claim, is that they are on the right track and need more bans, restrictions, regulations, ect on guns. They might bring up this recent gun control legislation and say it was because it didn't pass into law or something. They will say other states needs to have the same laws in place as theirs does. Then when or if those laws do get passed to all or most the other states, OCDO will embrace them and not let anyone speak ill of them. Or perhaps this will apply to only me. Their site I guess, but if it were me, I'd be alittle more concerned about protecting the 1st, 2ed, and 4th.

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I'm starting to get a little tired of these anti-OCDO generalizations and intellectually dishonest criticisms. Its one thing to be tolerant and compassionate so as not to bruise a fragile mentality. Its something else to let that mentality repeatedly kick you in the a** after explaining the wherefore's and whatfor's. At this point, the criticisms are malicious. She's ignoring perfectly decent and fair explanations that deserve respect in orde to vent her frustration.

John, Mike, and the mods don't deserve it.

She either knocks it off. And I mean now. Or, I go on the offensive. First, last, and only warning.

MKEgal

Oh, she'll take that as a challenge.
She's nuts enough that she might enjoy being shredded.
It'll certainly add fuel to her "oh, poor me" whining.

But there's an easier way... report all her posts that violate forum rules.
Provides proof, if anyone needed more, that she's not a good citizen here and should be removed.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Oh, she'll take that as a challenge.
She's nuts enough that she might enjoy being shredded.
It'll certainly add fuel to her "oh, poor me" whining.

But there's an easier way... report all her posts that violate forum rules.
Provides proof, if anyone needed more, that she's not a good citizen here and should be removed.

Good point.

eye95

Let's just keep rationally pointing out what she is doing and why she is wrong.

She'll call it stalking. I call it setting the record straight.