Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weekend vacation almost interrupted by a criminal

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar

weekend vacation almost interrupted by a criminal

My family and myself were in fondulac for the weekend for a fathersday geocache dash. And we stopped to use a restroom at a gas station I OC as much as possible CC sometimes (when I am near schools or places that could possible be full of sheeple but that is besides the point.) Any ways I was standing by our car next to the door and the wife and kids were inside when I saw a very shady looking person (mexican american maybe but it doesnt matter) walking towards the door wearing a hoodie with the hood up it is 85 degrees out at this time of day holding something like he is hiding it in the front pocket. So I decided to turn strongside exposing my sidearm to him and start preparing for the worst case scenario and step towards the door of the gas station when he spotted me and stopped dead in his tracks turned and doubled paced the hell out of there. As for me I was wearing a nice polo style shirt with a pair of blue jean shorts and tennis shoes.

As I reflect back on that situation I know there are a few things I could/should of done differently and it was an eye opener. And I know now FOR 100% CERTAINTY I AM willing to do what it takes to protect my family in a life threatening instance.
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    My family and myself were in fondulac for the weekend for a fathersday geocache dash. And we stopped to use a restroom at a gas station I OC as much as possible CC sometimes (when I am near schools or places that could possible be full of sheeple but that is besides the point.) Any ways I was standing by our car next to the door and the wife and kids were inside when I saw a very shady looking person (mexican american maybe but it doesnt matter) walking towards the door wearing a hoodie with the hood up it is 85 degrees out at this time of day holding something like he is hiding it in the front pocket. So I decided to turn strongside exposing my sidearm to him and start preparing for the worst case scenario and step towards the door of the gas station when he spotted me and stopped dead in his tracks turned and doubled paced the hell out of there. As for me I was wearing a nice polo style shirt with a pair of blue jean shorts and tennis shoes.

As I reflect back on that situation I know there are a few things I could/should of done differently and it was an eye opener. And I know now FOR 100% CERTAINTY I AM willing to do what it takes to protect my family in a life threatening instance.
    You now love your family so much just because you saw a shady character near them??

Maybe because you were visibly armed you felt more empowered or capable of doing so, but I sure hope your fondness for your family was as strong before as it is currently.

btw "could/should of done differently" is "could/should HAVE done differently".

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

Yep

Your openly carried firearm may (or may not) have stopped a crime. What you do know for sure, is that NOTHING happened. Mrs. Plankton and I had a similar experience at a Subway resturant, located in the underground parking area of the Monona Walmart. 7PM on a friday night we were dining before grocery shopping upstairs. 3 "gentlemen" walk in and sit down at a table. NONE of them are going up to the counter to order. We are sitting in a booth; I am sitting strong side out in their line of sight. I turn my head and make eye contact with one of them. He looks down at my openly carried firearm, has a brief coversation with the other two, and they get up and leave; briskly. I said to Mrs. Plankton: "What just happened, here?" She replied: "I know what didn't happen". Moral of the story? Open carry DETERS crime.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    You now love your family so much just because you saw a shady character near them??
    WTF? Crack is whack.

Maybe because you were visibly armed you felt more empowered or capable of doing so, but I sure hope your fondness for your family was as strong before as it is currently.
    This is why I preach the black art of Gunkata. Families are not allowed and we ALWAYS go around armed INVISIBLY. That way, you know, d0uchbags can't see us. Because we are invisible.

Remember to use the "ignore" feature with extreme prejudiced.

My family and myself were in fondulac...
    Glad you and yours are safe and well.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 06-17-2013 at 12:07 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar

Why is it that some numb nutz (guess who) needs to come in here and over analyze and nitpick my grammar or question my love for my family . It is people like you that make others not want to post in forums like these. And for your info my family is and always will be my first priority.

btw thanks for the grammar lesson from the grammar police.

Plankton thanks for your story
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 06-17-2013 at 12:10 PM.
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

It is people like you that make others not want to post in forums like these.
    We have a winner...
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

why is it that some numb nutz (guess who) needs to come in here and over analyze and nitpick my grammar or question my love for my family . It is people like you that make others not want to post in forums like these. And for your info my family is and always will be my first priority.

Btw thanks for the grammar lesson from the grammar police...
    lol

lol
    Now you have got to admit that they are writing for their intended audience.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Thank you for sharing your experience. If nothing else you stopped an undesirable person from getting close to your family. Works for me!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

I woud have to ask what you think should have done differently? Seems to me you did the right thing.

<sarcasm on> but you gave up the element of surprise and you were the first one shot! <sarcasm off>

You gave that individual something to think about before he walked around in 85 degree weather with his hoodie up holding a package of M&M's in his pocket. (ok I couldn't help my self) <more sarcasm>
    Don't confuse me with the facts, I have my emotions!

I guess that's the difference between no crime and "stopping" a crime in progress. I prefer no crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Now you have got to admit that they are writing for their intended audience.
    What do you care, Doug?
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

What kind of am answer is that? You may just as well have written " mungawa jubb vo kitnah khanae gayah"

Re: weekend vacation almost interrupted by a criminal

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    You may just as well have written " mungawa jubb vo kitnah khanae gayah"
    You need to brush up on your Dothraki. "jubb vo" doesn't really make sense when used in conjunction with "khanae". "jubb vaye" is what you were after. Try to avoid those double negatives.

To the OP: well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip View Post
    derp a derp
    Trolls and 'tards.

The place is RIPE with them these days. John needs to invest in a good fumigator.

Of course all Mexican Americans are to be feared. It had nothing to do with the OP's situational awareness. The demeanor and action of the threat. Or the fact that the threat retreated instantly. No, it's because we are all white, racist, male, angry, teabaggers... who hate our families.

Trolls and 'tards.

Fear the Mexican American.
    (sarcasm off)

yawn.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

How do you know he is a criminal? Do you fear all Mexican Americans?
    Yea, I was biting my lip also.

Let's see hoodie equals bad guy.

Mexican American equals bad guy.

Unless you are anti gun, and then gun equals bad guy, anybody but me see the irony here?
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 06-17-2013 at 07:03 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by NoTolerance View Post
    You need to brush up on your Dothraki. "jubb vo" doesn't really make sense when used in conjunction with "khanae". "jubb vaye" is what you were after. Try to avoid those double negatives.

To the OP: well done.
    It is another rendition of Dothraki. It is pretty close to the Tatooine dialect.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    but me see the irony here?
    I don't see irony but I see a whole lot of hypocrisy.

Damned if you do damned if you don't by a bunch of self proclaimed "sheep dogs".

"....when he spotted me and stopped dead in his tracks turned and doubled paced the hell out of there."

yah, totally normal behavior for a god fearing Boy Scout.

yawn.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    ...yah, totally normal behavior for a god fearing Boy Scout...
    I doubt that Boy Scouts fear a "god", though they might fear God.

I doubt that Boy Scouts fear a "god", though they might fear God.
    http://www.grammarbook.com/

Learn it, live it, love it troll-tard.

...and ignore.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 06-17-2013 at 07:16 PM.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Maybe he was scared of people with guns, one does not have to be the boogie man. There are a lot of other explanations that do not involve him being a bad guy.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Maybe he was scared of people with guns, one does not have to be the boogie man. There are a lot of other explanations that do not involve him being a bad guy.
    Of course. And if the OP did nothing? Ignored his gut? If something happened?

You would be the first to criticism his lack of situational awareness. His training. His sidearm of choice. His technique when drawing his sidearm. His mother. The color of his vehicle and the name of his dog.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Nothing did happen, and nobody knows why nothing happened.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Moral of the story is there could have been a plethora of reasons the gentlemen left. Maybe you are not telling the whole tale.
    Maybe you weren't there, either. I frankly don't care why they left. Maybe they saw my evil gun and peed their pants. Not my problem. We enjoyed our sandwiches, and went on our merry way.

How do you know he is a criminal? Do you fear all Mexican Americans?
    I don't fear anyone. But if anyone means to do me or my loved ones harm, they should fear me.

Nothing did happen, and nobody knows why nothing happened.
    Lie.

Something did happen.

A man posted an experience he had. A man productive in the community, active in the cause and a positive force on the forum. And for that he has to eat ****.

Pay attention. Something did happen. He was with his family. They made a stop. Someone was acting suspicious and dressed suspiciously for time of year and weather. He decided to act for the safety of his family. He did not engage or escalate. He remained calm and innocent of instigation. The perceived threat FLED and the situation was diffused.

So by all means continue with your lies and hypocrisy.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast