• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

weekend vacation almost interrupted by a criminal

oliverclotheshoff

My family and myself were in fondulac for the weekend for a fathersday geocache dash. And we stopped to use a restroom at a gas station I OC as much as possible CC sometimes (when I am near schools or places that could possible be full of sheeple but that is besides the point.) Any ways I was standing by our car next to the door and the wife and kids were inside when I saw a very shady looking person (mexican american maybe but it doesnt matter) walking towards the door wearing a hoodie with the hood up it is 85 degrees out at this time of day holding something like he is hiding it in the front pocket. So I decided to turn strongside exposing my sidearm to him and start preparing for the worst case scenario and step towards the door of the gas station when he spotted me and stopped dead in his tracks turned and doubled paced the hell out of there. As for me I was wearing a nice polo style shirt with a pair of blue jean shorts and tennis shoes.

As I reflect back on that situation I know there are a few things I could/should of done differently and it was an eye opener. And I know now FOR 100% CERTAINTY I AM willing to do what it takes to protect my family in a life threatening instance.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
My family and myself were in fondulac for the weekend for a fathersday geocache dash. And we stopped to use a restroom at a gas station I OC as much as possible CC sometimes (when I am near schools or places that could possible be full of sheeple but that is besides the point.) Any ways I was standing by our car next to the door and the wife and kids were inside when I saw a very shady looking person (mexican american maybe but it doesnt matter) walking towards the door wearing a hoodie with the hood up it is 85 degrees out at this time of day holding something like he is hiding it in the front pocket. So I decided to turn strongside exposing my sidearm to him and start preparing for the worst case scenario and step towards the door of the gas station when he spotted me and stopped dead in his tracks turned and doubled paced the hell out of there. As for me I was wearing a nice polo style shirt with a pair of blue jean shorts and tennis shoes.

As I reflect back on that situation I know there are a few things I could/should of done differently and it was an eye opener. And I know now FOR 100% CERTAINTY I AM willing to do what it takes to protect my family in a life threatening instance.
You now love your family so much just because you saw a shady character near them??

Maybe because you were visibly armed you felt more empowered or capable of doing so, but I sure hope your fondness for your family was as strong before as it is currently.

btw "could/should of done differently" is "could/should HAVE done differently".

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
Yep

Your openly carried firearm may (or may not) have stopped a crime. What you do know for sure, is that NOTHING happened. Mrs. Plankton and I had a similar experience at a Subway resturant, located in the underground parking area of the Monona Walmart. 7PM on a friday night we were dining before grocery shopping upstairs. 3 "gentlemen" walk in and sit down at a table. NONE of them are going up to the counter to order. We are sitting in a booth; I am sitting strong side out in their line of sight. I turn my head and make eye contact with one of them. He looks down at my openly carried firearm, has a brief coversation with the other two, and they get up and leave; briskly. I said to Mrs. Plankton: "What just happened, here?" She replied: "I know what didn't happen". :) Moral of the story? Open carry DETERS crime.:banana:

HandyHamlet

You now love your family so much just because you saw a shady character near them??

WTF? Crack is whack.

Maybe because you were visibly armed you felt more empowered or capable of doing so, but I sure hope your fondness for your family was as strong before as it is currently.

This is why I preach the black art of Gunkata. Families are not allowed and we ALWAYS go around armed INVISIBLY. That way, you know, d0uchbags can't see us. Because we are invisible.

Remember to use the "ignore" feature with extreme prejudiced.

My family and myself were in fondulac...

Glad you and yours are safe and well.

Last edited:

oliverclotheshoff

Why is it that some numb nutz (guess who) needs to come in here and over analyze and nitpick my grammar or question my love for my family . It is people like you that make others not want to post in forums like these. And for your info my family is and always will be my first priority.

btw thanks for the grammar lesson from the grammar police.

Plankton thanks for your story

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
why is it that some numb nutz (guess who) needs to come in here and over analyze and nitpick my grammar or question my love for my family . It is people like you that make others not want to post in forums like these. And for your info my family is and always will be my first priority.

Btw thanks for the grammar lesson from the grammar police...
lol

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran

Thank you for sharing your experience. If nothing else you stopped an undesirable person from getting close to your family. Works for me!

Packer fan

I woud have to ask what you think should have done differently? Seems to me you did the right thing.

<sarcasm on> but you gave up the element of surprise and you were the first one shot! <sarcasm off>

You gave that individual something to think about before he walked around in 85 degree weather with his hoodie up holding a package of M&M's in his pocket. (ok I couldn't help my self) <more sarcasm>

Law abider

What kind of am answer is that? You may just as well have written " mungawa jubb vo kitnah khanae gayah"

NoTolerance

You may just as well have written " mungawa jubb vo kitnah khanae gayah"

You need to brush up on your Dothraki. "jubb vo" doesn't really make sense when used in conjunction with "khanae". "jubb vaye" is what you were after. Try to avoid those double negatives.

To the OP: well done.

Phillip

How do you know he is a criminal? Do you fear all Mexican Americans?

Phillip

Your openly carried firearm may (or may not) have stopped a crime. What you do know for sure, is that NOTHING happened. Mrs. Plankton and I had a similar experience at a Subway resturant, located in the underground parking area of the Monona Walmart. 7PM on a friday night we were dining before grocery shopping upstairs. 3 "gentlemen" walk in and sit down at a table. NONE of them are going up to the counter to order. We are sitting in a booth; I am sitting strong side out in their line of sight. I turn my head and make eye contact with one of them. He looks down at my openly carried firearm, has a brief coversation with the other two, and they get up and leave; briskly. I said to Mrs. Plankton: "What just happened, here?" She replied: "I know what didn't happen". :) Moral of the story? Open carry DETERS crime.:banana:

Moral of the story is there could have been a plethora of reasons the gentlemen left. Maybe you are not telling the whole tale.

HandyHamlet

derp a derp

Trolls and 'tards.

The place is RIPE with them these days. John needs to invest in a good fumigator.

Of course all Mexican Americans are to be feared. It had nothing to do with the OP's situational awareness. The demeanor and action of the threat. Or the fact that the threat retreated instantly. No, it's because we are all white, racist, male, angry, teabaggers... who hate our families.

Trolls and 'tards.

Fear the Mexican American.
(sarcasm off)
[video=youtube;XtFb_xem6k8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtFb_xem6k8[/video]

yawn.

WalkingWolf

How do you know he is a criminal? Do you fear all Mexican Americans?

Yea, I was biting my lip also.

Let's see hoodie equals bad guy.

Mexican American equals bad guy.

Unless you are anti gun, and then gun equals bad guy, anybody but me see the irony here?

Last edited:

Law abider

You need to brush up on your Dothraki. "jubb vo" doesn't really make sense when used in conjunction with "khanae". "jubb vaye" is what you were after. Try to avoid those double negatives.

To the OP: well done.
It is another rendition of Dothraki. It is pretty close to the Tatooine dialect.

HandyHamlet

but me see the irony here?

I don't see irony but I see a whole lot of hypocrisy.

Damned if you do damned if you don't by a bunch of self proclaimed "sheep dogs".

"....when he spotted me and stopped dead in his tracks turned and doubled paced the hell out of there."

yah, totally normal behavior for a god fearing Boy Scout.

yawn.