Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Take a look at this!!! Writer Heidi Yewman packs a gatt as news fodder

Take a look at this!!! Writer Heidi Yewman packs a gatt as news fodder

http://msmagazine.com/blog/2013/06/1...-gun-week-one/ This is supposed to be Part I of IV....

She is going about this all the wrong way. I say anybody who just straps a gun on, that they are obviously so emotionally distraught about, is doing the wrong thing. And portraying the wrong message (big surprise there, right?). I would never recommend someone buy their first gun, have no clue about it, and be scared of firearms, then immediately move to open carry.

If she wanted to truly research properly, she would have rented a few guns, taken a safety class and then decided to carry when she knew how to use the gun (and how they actually work - a bullet in your fuel tank isn't going to "make the car explode"). THAT is a far more realistic and responsible scenario that matches real life gun ownership, not just strapping a gun to your side when you don't even know how it works. Beyond that, did she even ask the gun store owner how to use it? How to be safe with it? You don't get answers to the questions you don't ask......but hey, it's pretty obvious the article is meant to confirm her own biased preconceptions, so she'll do anything it takes to confirm them.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    ...and yet even with no experience and scared as shite....she still didn't harm anyone....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Re: Take a look at this!!! Writer Heidi Yewman packs a gatt as news fodder

Okay. We know a few things from this "article":

1) She's a moonbat, but well within her right to carry.

2) The guy at the store sold a Mark 1, Mod 0 novice a firearm specificaly on her stated reason to him for HD. This makes sense: New person needs something easy to manipulate for those "Bumps in the night" senarios.

Should he have demoed how to load and clear it? It's possible he tried to, and she cut him short with a flippant excuse of some sort. We'll never know.

3) It's reasonable to surmise from her writing that the sidearm possibly wasn't even loaded, violating at least one of her own rules: carrying for personal protection.

I won't go into the stuff we all already know about and is much discussed: training, etc.

If I am wrong on any of these points, please let me know.

(Please pardon any typos, as I'm only on my first cup of coffee.)

Well I made several comments that are awaiting moderation. Hopefully she'll begin to take this seriously and actually understand what she is doing. I invited her to come here and said that I would gladly show her how to handle her weapon safely and I'm sure others would be more than willing as well.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Maybe instead of actually getting a weapon first, do a story like Nat Geo or Discovery Channel does. "A day in the life of an Open Carrier" Shadow an OCer for a day or two with some range time included, then go out and do it herself. Just like the journalist in Iraq, not making the news herself but "embedding" herself with an OC group. My .02.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Maybe instead of actually getting a weapon first, do a story like Nat Geo or Discovery Channel does. "A day in the life of an Open Carrier" Shadow an OCer for a day or two with some range time included, then go out and do it herself. Just like the journalist in Iraq, not making the news herself but "embedding" herself with an OC group. My .02.
    I'm sure you know she's not interested in what "real" journalism is.

Me and my partner are doing just this.......

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Alas, it's beyond that point already.

I think she's in Washington, so I made a comment inviting her to next months picnic in South Kitsap.... But I guess moderation filtered it out
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    I think she's in Washington, so I made a comment inviting her to next months picnic in South Kitsap.... But I guess moderation filtered it out
    All my posts still say they are waiting for moderation. I'm guessing they may be flooded and those that have shown up already were already registered to comment on that website. Every other time I've signed up to comment on a page like that they wait to confirm your email address. I haven't got an email yet.

This should get her attention:

New Wash. state CPL tally more than 7,000 higher than mid-May

More than 7,000 new concealed pistol licenses have been issued in Washington State since Examiner last checked with the Department of Licensing in mid-May, bringing the total to 433,223 as of Monday morning.

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-...r-than-mid-may

this is over in the social forum, too. basically she is an idiot.

also, the bigger matter here isn't the 2A (which she's not interested in adopting, just exploiting); it's the purposeful rejection of personal responsibility, expecting the gov't to establish rules and laws on how we should make decisions.

This article has inspired me to get into whitewater rafting. Just go out and do, you know, things! Stuff!

I'll go buy a raft, round up some kids and take a trip down the Deschutes. I'm nervous AND excited!

Do you think I should learn to swim first? What could possibly go wrong?
    Last edited by jhfc; 06-17-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    http://msmagazine.com/blog/2013/06/1...-gun-week-one/ This is supposed to be Part I of IV....
    She is everything anti-gun and nothing interested in "seeing if it will change her mind." Her record speaks for itself.
    Rev. Robert Apgood, Esq.

A right cannot be lost by exercising it. McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3021, 177 L. Ed. 2d 894 (2010) (citing Near v. Minn., 283 U.S. 697 (1931)).

Although IAAL, anything I say here is not legal advice. No conversations we may have privately or otherwise in this forum constitute the formation of an attorney-client relationship, and are not intended to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by jhfc View Post
    This article has inspired me to get into whitewater rafting. Just go out and do, you know, things! Stuff!

I'll go buy a raft, round up some kids and take a trip down the Deschutes. I'm nervous AND excited!

Hahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by jhfc View Post

That's why we need mandatory government training in river safety before you can take a boat on any river, stream or creek deeper then 12 feet (or a high capacity assault creek if you will) boat dealers should only rent you rafts after you show your river card and fill out a form indicating your name address and race to keep for government records.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Ding,ding,ding

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    this is over in the social forum, too. basically she is an idiot.

also, the bigger matter here isn't the 2A (which she's not interested in adopting, just exploiting); it's the purposeful rejection of personal responsibility, expecting the gov't to establish rules and laws on how we should make decisions.
    This is spot on. I hope for her sake she is not forced to defend herself.

I would say she has started quite the social experiment. For arguments sake lets make believe the experiment comes to fruition, training and profiecency are mandated by law. Now lets say a homicide is committed by a person who has had the "mandated training" who is responsible or even culpable? The government must be responsible as they failed to provide sufficent training, I can see the courts backing up now.

No matter the argument she makes, there is no substitute for personal responsibility and accountability for your actions.

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Come join the discussion...
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ry-for-a-month

I figured that since it's a national magazine, & doesn't mention which state she's doing this dangerous experiment in, that was a good place for it.
    I'd like to figure out how to get in touch with her. Might have to go through the Brady Bunch HQ.

She is in my hometown of Vancouver Washington.
    Live Free or Die!

Re: Take a look at this!!! Writer Heidi Yewman packs a gatt as news fodder

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    She is in my hometown of Vancouver Washington.
    Poor you! My wife has been following her facebook rants. This woman is a bat crap crazy IMHO. She walks up on a cop armed with her empty pistol - during his traffic stop to ask him to clear/safety check her pistol??? That or she's trying her very best to shed a poor light on those of us who carry daily, safely...which then makes her a ...well it rhymes with snot...
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 06-18-2013 at 01:19 AM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Poor you! My wife has been following her facebook rants. This woman is a bat crap crazy IMHO. She walks up on a cop armed with her empty pistol - during his traffic stop to ask him to clear/safety check her pistol??? That or she's trying her very best to shed a poor light on those of us who carry daily, safely...which the makes her a ...well it rhymes with snot...
    Of course she's trying to make us look bad.

But I really have no problem with her walking up to a cop as long as it was properly holstered. Why should that matter.....the rest of her idiotic and I believed preplanned act was just plain stupid. (including this preplanned move to have a cop help her)

She is trying to show how "easy" it is, she apparently doesn't trust a government who trusts her even though it made her go through the back ground checks and find out she isn't a mental whacko, or a felon...., she ignores how "easy" every so many other dangerous objects in life are to get. Cars, knives, chemicals, baseball bats, rope, hell we were born with fists, feet and teeth.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 06-18-2013 at 12:21 AM.

Thumbs down

I'm kind of surprised nobody pointed out the fact that not everybody needs a training course by that age. I started learning how to use a gun when my father trained me as a child, with 30 years of firearms handling under my belt I don't think I need to be forced to take a noobie training course.
    +thought for the day+
    ++victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none++

My comments are still being moderated....

I responded to one by saying that I would sell her a law mower with out asking her if she knew how to use it too.
    If asked how to use it I would give her instructions on how to use it.

The antis posting there are so, STUPID as FFFF that I don't know how they can even tied their shoes in the morning.

Another comment was about if she didn't like freedom then she should leave my country. There are a few more.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    My comments are still being moderated....

I responded to one by saying that I would sell her a law mower with out asking her if she knew how to use it too.
    If asked how to use it I would give her instructions on how to use it.

The antis posting there are so, STUPID as FFFF that I don't know how they can even tied their shoes in the morning.

Another comment was about if she didn't like freedom then she should leave my country. There are a few more.
    As are mine. I'm thinking they didn't expect the comments they are receiving and are screening now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast