• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CT Carry has drafted demand letters for return of unlawful fees

Edward Peruta

Rich Burgess from www.ctcarry.com has drafted letters for individuals to demand reimbursement of the unlawfully collected $50.00 fees for State Criminal History Record Checks.

I have posted this at www.ctgunrights.com where they can be downloaded, edited and printed out for submission to Local Issuing Authorities and the State.

If you chose to demand a refund, please consider sending a copy of your demand letters to rich@ctcarry.com so that we know who you are.

Thank you CTCARRY for all your time and energy in this 1.6 million dollar issue.

Ed Peruta

XD40sc

don't have new word ... imagine others don't either ... convert to old .doc, pdf, or rtf?

Save it to your computer, then upload it to Google Docs, which will allow you to edit, or even re-save to the older .doc format.
or
Download and install Open Office, or Libraoffice, both free, and can handle .docx format.

Edward Peruta

Refund request to DESPP Commissioner

[Your Name]
[Street Address]
[City, ST ZIP Code]
[Date]
Commissioner Reuben Bradford:
The DESPP processed a set of background checks for a Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers for [Your Name], which was submitted to my local issuing authority ([Issuing Town]) on [Application Date].

At the time of my application, a $50 fee was collected for the purpose of a criminal history check with the State of Connecticut. It has come to my attention through an organization called Connecticut Carry and a lawsuit currently in Federal court against The Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection and the Town of Torrington that this fee was improperly charged and I paid it.

General Statutes 29-11(c) waives the DESPP fees for state criminal history records checks when a state criminal history records check is requested by a federal, state, or local municipality. The DESPP was issued a Cease and Desist Demand dated April 11[SUP]th[/SUP], 2012 from Connecticut Carry.

I hereby request that you refund the $50 fee that was charged of me without the statutory authority to do so.

Sincerely,
[Your Name]

Edward Peruta

Form letter requesting refund from Local Issuing Authority

[Your Name]
[Street Address]
[City, ST ZIP Code]
[Date]
Dear [Local Issuing Authority]:
As the local issuing authority for [Issuing Town], your department processed an application for a Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers for [Your Name], which was submitted on [Application Date].

At the time of my application, a $50 fee was collected for the purpose of a criminal history check with the State of Connecticut. It has come to my attention through an organization called Connecticut Carry and a lawsuit currently in Federal court against The Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection and the Town of Torrington that this fee was improperly charged and I paid it.

General Statutes 29-11(c) waives the DESPP fees for state criminal history records checks when a state criminal history records check is requested by a federal, state, or local municipality. As a local issuing authority, you were issued a Cease and Desist Demand dated April 11[SUP]th[/SUP], 2012 from Connecticut Carry.

I hereby request that you refund the $50 fee that was charged of me without the statutory authority to do so.

Sincerely,
[Your Name]