• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sadistic child-hating cop shoots five kittens in front of children

Ca Patriot

I highly doubt that you'd refrain from b!tching if some psychopath did something traumatizing, such as torturing some person, in front of young children whom you're related to.

What do you mean by "torture" ? cells are just organisms that exist and evolve. What some think of as "feelings" are simply chemical reactions mixed with neurocognitive responses that can be confused with human interpretations of right and wrong.

Take your dogma somewhere else.

EMNofSeattle

This sack of $hit shot five kittens in front of young children. If you don't see a problem with that, then you're, at minimum, a sociopath.

I don't have a problem with hunters (though many of them are Elmer Fudd tools of the Brady Bunch) who shoot wild game for food. Pray tell, what percentage of people eat land carnivores?

Who the *** are you to tell people what to do with their money? I adopted a cat from a shelter five years ago. I will continue to take care of her and no cowardly, authoritarian piece of $hit is going to change that.

Wait so you want everyone to have their tax dollars taken from them by threat of government force so we can maintain dogs and cats and then call other people authoritarian? What a gem you must be in person....

WalkingWolf

Not necessarily so. And 'solitary" is a punishment for bad behavior. "Administrative segregation" is a managment tool. Protective custody is for those with known enemies. Get them straight!

Depending on the system, former cops and child abusers may not automatically be placed in PC. Some systems require that a specific credible threat be made by a specific individual. Seems to depend on how much room is available to dedicate to PC.

You are correct that most of them are not treated "poorly". They are the ones who know how to keep their mouth shut and do their time. Mind your own business, do only your own time, and keep your mouth about why you are there will more than likely get you through unharmed. The ones that seem to think they can be as big and bad inside as they thought they were outside do not do so well. Spend almost 20 years getting out of prison every night to go home teaches you a few things.:D

stay safe.

Dammit, I will have to do some digging. I seem to remember that the rate of violence in prison is roughly the same as out of prison. A lot depends on the security of the prison or the jail. Things may have changed, but the Big Pine Key road prison in Florida the guards were not armed, and they did not even close the gates. Some people should not believe everything they see on TV.

Not you skid, I was just talking in general.

Last edited:

minarchist

What do you mean by "torture" ? cells are just organisms that exist and evolve. What some think of as "feelings" are simply chemical reactions mixed with neurocognitive responses that can be confused with human interpretations of right and wrong.

Take your dogma somewhere else.

Do you think that there is nothing wrong with traumatizing young children?

minarchist

Wait so you want everyone to have their tax dollars taken from them by threat of government force so we can maintain dogs and cats and then call other people authoritarian? What a gem you must be in person....

Private charities, to which I was referring, have piss to do with tax money.

Look at my user name and get a clue about my position on taxes.

Maverick9

They said this because they're statist scum who fight tooth-and-nail against accountability for hired guns of the state.

Though I might like your general view on some of this, no. The method of dealing with feral animals can legally include euthanization. Thus, he did nothing 'illegal', so no action could be taken. I don't think his superiors liked it, possibly because they are more concerned about their rep in the media than the 'wrongness' of is action, morally.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Do you think that there is nothing wrong with traumatizing young children?

Traumatizing young children get over it.

Children have been expose to the killing of animals for years. It was all part of life. What traumatizes them is the un realistic believe that nothing ever dies.

The millions and millons of country/farm kids are not traumatized when they kill their pet, cow, pig ,lamb for food or do away with over stocked animals.

The parents of these children should have explained the facts of life and death to them.

What much of wimps moaning and complaining about some feral cats that were causing a health problems with their fleas.

georg jetson

Traumatizing young children get over it.

Children have been expose to the killing of animals for years. It was all part of life. What traumatizes them is the un realistic believe that nothing ever dies.

The millions and millons of country/farm kids are not traumatized when they kill their pet, cow, pig ,lamb for food or do away with over stocked animals.

The parents of these children should have explained the facts of life and death to them.

What much of wimps moaning and complaining about some feral cats that were causing a health problems with their fleas.

Agreed.

However, the officer should have informed the mom of his intentions. What children are exposed to is strictly a parental issue when exposer can be controlled.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
However, the officer should have informed the mom of his intentions. What children are exposed to is strictly a parental issue when exposer can be controlled.

Exactly. All these tough guys probably wouldn't like it if I showed up on their property and started teaching their kids how to be an urban pantywaist.

EMNofSeattle

Private charities, to which I was referring, have piss to do with tax money.

Look at my user name and get a clue about my position on taxes.

Lets think a situation involving a city animal control officer, with city equipment, how much you wanna bet the shelters in that area that he could try to take them to are public or private with a taxpayer contract?

Ill let you ponder this one for awhile, it may take all the thinking power you have...

WalkingWolf

I'm not too concerned with the kittens, but the discharging of a firearm in conditions not on a range, and not in self defense. Animals can be culled very peacefully just using a sealed box. They will go to sleep from CO2 then eventually die in their sleep, without endangering the public. I think he just wanted to shoot his gun, he should be evaluated by a mental health professional. We use vinegar, baking soda, a hose and a sealed compartment to put animals to sleep. It speeds up the process, otherwise it takes awhile.

EMNofSeattle

I'm not too concerned with the kittens, but the discharging of a firearm in conditions not on a range, and not in self defense. Animals can be culled very peacefully just using a sealed box. They will go to sleep from CO2 then eventually die in their sleep, without endangering the public. I think he just wanted to shoot his gun, he should be evaluated by a mental health professional. We use vinegar, baking soda, a hose and a sealed compartment to put animals to sleep. It speeds up the process, otherwise it takes awhile.

See this is something I agree with entirely. I think it was innappropriate to shoot the animals in a residential area, especially with children watching and not wearing hearing protection.

I don't know if he should face criminal charges, I think animal cruelty is a stretch, unlawful discharge maybe. but I think he should be fired or heavily sanctioned (ie stripped of his firearm, since animal control officers in most areas work unarmed)

He should've boxed them and took them somewhere else to be euthanized, or taken them to the shelter to allow them to determine if the animals should be put to sleep or attempted to be adopted out.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Most likely he would have taken them into procession he/the city most likely would have had to keep them for days may even seeing that they received vet. and other expensive care.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Lets think a situation involving a city animal control officer, with city equipment, how much you wanna bet the shelters in that area that he could try to take them to are public or private with a taxpayer contract?

Ill let you ponder this one for awhile, it may take all the thinking power you have...

You're failing to make the is/ought distinction.

EMNofSeattle

You're failing to make the is/ought distinction.

what are you talking about?

minarchist get into a hissy fit over firearms instructor stating it would be a waste of money to put the kittens in a shelter, while at the same time stating he doesn't support taxation to support shelters.

how many animal shelters are truly private charities? most animal shelters recieve taxpayer funds from city animal control departments so that they can dump any animals they recover there....

I think it is a waste of money to shelterize feral cats unless there's a good chance they will be adopted.

all I'm saying is I think the officer used horrible judgement in his method of disposing of the animals, but unless you're willing to start adopting every little kitty animal control finds I don't want to hear this phony righteous indignation about animal cruelty.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
what are you talking about?

minarchist get into a hissy fit over firearms instructor stating it would be a waste of money to put the kittens in a shelter, while at the same time stating he doesn't support taxation to support shelters.

how many animal shelters are truly private charities? most animal shelters recieve taxpayer funds from city animal control departments so that they can dump any animals they recover there....

I think it is a waste of money to shelterize feral cats unless there's a good chance they will be adopted.

all I'm saying is I think the officer used horrible judgement in his method of disposing of the animals, but unless you're willing to start adopting every little kitty animal control finds I don't want to hear this phony righteous indignation about animal cruelty.

Let's think what's going on here:

Government monopolizes (over private charities) the provision of animal control services. Cats are expensive, so government shoots them in front of little kids. Minarchist opines that cats should not be shot by government in front of little kids, and that private charities would likely not do so. EMNSeattle accuses him of having a hissy fit because, as we all know, government runs all the shelters.

Nowhere does it enter EMNSeattle's brain that anybody could ever imagine, let alone discuss, a situation where government doesn't monopolize the provision of animal shelters.

Marshaul accuses EMNSeattle, yet again, of being a statist.

/play-by-play

I'd point out that, not only are there private shelters, they tend to not shoot cats in front of little kids. "The government monopolized it!" doesn't automatically justify everything the government does, especially when the government has prevented the formation of a proper marketplace capable of determining whether, say, people find it worth donating money to avoid cats being shot in their yards.

A marketplace provides accountability which American law enforcement do not offer. Police are not welcome to come onto my property and discharge firearms. But what can I do about it?

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

(snip)

A marketplace provides accountability which American law enforcement do not offer. Police are not welcome to come onto my property and discharge firearms. But what can I do about it?

You are doing something right now, you are making your voice heard. Though it is not heard loud enough, which is not your fault. The officer endangered the public, had it been a LAC they would have been facing charges. Even speaking out on our site is doing something, hopefully those officers lurking on here will see that the public does not see this as acceptable behavior.

Someone with lack of common sense has no business wearing a badge and gun, even if he is only the dog catcher...

EMNofSeattle

Let's think what's going on here:

Government monopolizes (over private charities) the provision of animal control services. Cats are expensive, so government shoots them in front of little kids. Minarchist opines that cats should not be shot by government in front of little kids, and that private charities would likely not do so. EMNSeattle accuses him of having a hissy fit because, as we all know, government runs all the shelters.

Nowhere does it enter EMNSeattle's brain that anybody could ever imagine, let alone discuss, a situation where government doesn't monopolize the provision of animal shelters.

Marshaul accuses EMNSeattle, yet again, of being a statist.

/play-by-play

I'd point out that, not only are there private shelters, they tend to not shoot cats in front of little kids. "The government monopolized it!" doesn't automatically justify everything the government does, especially when the government has prevented the formation of a proper marketplace capable of determining whether, say, people find it worth donating money to avoid cats being shot in their yards.

The difference being, you're now advocating your free market fantasy land where purple unicorns and peaceful dinosaurs reign supreme, back to the real world, it is a waste of money to keep feral animals of which we have an extreme abundance in shelters. No one will ever donate enough money to keep shelters for feral animals staffed at anywhere near the level needed, even with a taxpayer provided model there isn't enough money.

A law enforcement marketplace is about the worst damn idea there is, if you think accountability is bad now, wait until a profit driven corporation is running it.