Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Pretrial Breakfast Greater Richmond 6/26 8:00 M

Meet up 8:00 AM before Scouser's trial in Henrico at 9:30 AM

River City Diner

Parham and I-95.............» Map
    803 East Parham Road

Additional details:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...87#post1950387
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-17-2013 at 02:38 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I'll probably be there...,

unless "something" else takes precedent. Not sure if I want to eat, only to feel like throwing up at (I think Skid called it "watching justice") court proceedings. Do they get mad when you throw up in the courtroom? I've had that feeling before. I've had a lot of other feelings in court too, though, most of them not good. I f things go well, I'd probably be more inclined to eat Brunch, lunch or whatever we decide to call it.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 11 vs. 13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    I'll be there with bells on. BTW, anyone that doesn't want to be videoed....tell me !

Speaking of which, I saw Grapeshot nekked today.

We had to go somewhere sterile so no purdy or big guns. When we got back to the parking lot, he got dressed again in front of a family talking about something on the sidewalk.

No one seemed to notice except for me laughing when he got his suspenders hung up on the truck door and looked like a paratrooper stuck in a tree.

And yes.....our unarmed trip has something to do with Scousers case.
    Last edited by peter nap; 06-17-2013 at 03:58 PM.

I'll admit that I haven't followed the matter closely, and I doubt that I can make it (though I would dearly love to), but are the proceedings going to be THE trial, and not just a continuation?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    I'll admit that I haven't followed the matter closely, and I doubt that I can make it (though I would dearly love to), but are the proceedings going to be THE trial, and not just a continuation?

Thanks.
    You never really know what will happen until it happens....but this should be THE TRIAL.
    Could be the Cop will not be able to attend or witnesses won't show or even the Nightmare may show up in short pants.......but unforeseen events aside, it's showtime.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I'll be there with bells on. BTW, anyone that doesn't want to be videoed....tell me !

Speaking of which, I saw Grapeshot nekked today.

We had to go somewhere sterile so no purdy or big guns. When we got back to the parking lot, he got dressed again in front of a family talking about something on the sidewalk.

No one seemed to notice except for me laughing when he got his suspenders hung up on the truck door and looked like a paratrooper stuck in a tree.

And yes.....our unarmed trip has something to do with Scousers case.
    Now that is a coincidence - I saw a nekked media photographer on the Willey bridge today....twice.....though nobody laughed

I think Henrico had moved the Meriwether Lewis and Bill Clark trail markers to make the route more scenic, but we did find the pass before the Donner party got there.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Now that is a coincidence - I saw a nekked media photographer on the Willey bridge today....twice.....though nobody laughed

I think Henrico had moved the Meriwether Lewis and Bill Clark trail markers to make the route more scenic, but we did find the pass before the Donner party got there.
    Did I tell you I was related to the museum curator who got lost in his own museum.

You never really know what will happen until it happens....but this should be THE TRIAL.
    Could be the Cop will not be able to attend or witnesses won't show or even the Nightmare may show up in short pants.......but unforeseen events aside, it's showtime.
    More for user to answer than you, but ...

If the cop does not show and Scouser and his highly trained attorney are ready to proceed to trial, doesn't the judge have to award the win to scouser by default? (IOW - dismiss with prejudice.)

As for breakfast - I'll be there early in order to get a good seat.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

That might be the case, Skid, but...,

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    More for user to answer than you, but ...

If the cop does not show and Scouser and his highly trained attorney are ready to proceed to trial, doesn't the judge have to award the win to scouser by default? (IOW - dismiss with prejudice.)

As for breakfast - I'll be there early in order to get a good seat.

stay safe.
    didn't you/we show up for your trial, and the prosecution wasn't ready for trial, and the judge didn't do a d^%* thing basically but continue the "proceedings" to another date?

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

Quote Originally Posted by sidestreet View Post
    didn't you/we show up for your trial, and the prosecution wasn't ready for trial, and the judge didn't do a d^%* thing basically but continue the "proceedings" to another date?

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

It's not a rule but generally either side can get one continuance without a lot of flak from the judge.

Quote Originally Posted by sidestreet View Post
    It's not a rule but generally either side can get one continuance without a lot of flak from the judge.
    No disrespect intended, but that is just pro-fesh-u-nal courtesy shown to an officer of the court, member of the same fraternity.

Rules and ethics mean less when faced with such impo-tent matters. The little people may just have to wait while the big boys sort things out.

Baring any work problems,

I will be coming straight from work so I should be there in plenty of time to enjoy breakfast.

Save me a seat - I intend to join you for a hearty breakfast before attending the proceedings.

Just a short reminder for proper decorum in court as we want no negative reflection on ourselves and most certainly not on the case.

No cell phones, cameras, recorders, weapons of any kind including small knives. Style of clothing is suggested as business casual, but at the least no shorts please. Hats may not be worn in the court room and talking is not permitted....particularly once court is in session.

User may have some special instructions. If that is the case, they will be relayed here and at the breakfast + we will have someone at the entrance to the court building to assist.

I was hoping to be able to attend both the breakfast, and the trial... but it does not appear that work stuff is going to cooperate (and for some reason, the kids enjoy eating... so that work thing is kind of important at the moment).

Good thoughts will be sent to Scouser & User on Wednesday for a successful outcome!!

River City Diner Staff!

Re: Pretrial Breakfast Greater Richmond 6/26 8:00 M

River City Diner Staff!

Like you would tell them no if they offered you some "special" favors and you were single? ... Just saying
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

On topic - may the day go well for the accused.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Like you would tell them no if they offered you some "special" favors and you were single? ... Just saying
    We are treated especially well by all of the staff there AND they are particularly understanding/accepting of OC. We always show them the highest respect in return.

...User may have some special instructions. If that is the case, they will be relayed here and at the breakfast + we will have someone at the entrance to the court building to assist.
    Not really. I've been asked whether an empty holster is ok; it is.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Just a short reminder for proper decorum in court as we want no negative reflection on ourselves and most certainly not on the case.

No cell phones, cameras, recorders, weapons of any kind including small knives. Style of clothing is suggested as business casual, but at the least no shorts please. Hats may not be worn in the court room and talking is not permitted....particularly once court is in session.

User may have some special instructions. If that is the case, they will be relayed here and at the breakfast + we will have someone at the entrance to the court building to assist.
    Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    Not really. I've been asked whether an empty holster is ok; it is.
    Double check that you have no ammo, mags or speed loaders - das ist verbotan!

Double check that you have no ammo, mags or speed loaders - das ist verbotan!
    Triple check. One round in your pocket CAN get you arrested.
    We had that happen to a member a while back.

We are treated especially well by all of the staff there AND they are particularly understanding/accepting of OC. We always show them the highest respect in return.
    Comment was geared at EEK image used after their pictures in his post. Maybe he meant wink, instead. ?? If I and the family are every near their diner on vacation we will be sure to give them our business. :thumbup:
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 06-24-2013 at 11:47 PM.

Just a few thoughts while I'm packing for tomorrow.

This group meaning OCDO and the various little sub groups, are gaining a reputation as the people who make changes. That's surprising since we are unorganized, non dues paying and diverse, but still change is made or at least we get the ball rolling.

Recently, the Petersburg Clerk, Skidmark in Surry, Municipals called on the carpet and now....Scouser.

The fact that donations were made speaks volumes. Now hopefully, there will be a showing of bodies who not only support Scouser, User, Grapeshot, Skidmark but everyone that has greased the tracks so far.

I have no idea what will happen tomorrow. There are a lot of possibilities and this is a Chess game, but whatever, it would be good if we made the point that we aren't going to accept irresponsible law enforcement in this state.

I watched Scouser today who is agonizing over this. I watched Grapeshot work with him... then even though he wasn't well, go into high gear and work on the next project case. Stuff needed doing and it got done.

This is what sets the members here apart from the talkers!

My respect to all of you and I hope to see you tomorrow.
    Last edited by peter nap; 06-25-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Our strength lies in our diversity, our wide range of talents, coupled with a tenacity that would make a pit bull proud. People here give of their personal time and are known to have reached into their piggy banks in spite of lean times to help another. I am proud and frequently in awe of the lengths to which this group will go to get the job done.

W/o meaning to be overly dramatic, this is a hellova merry band of brothers - none better!

Tomorrow will be a new verse in this ongoing saga. The end of which has yet to be written. We must have faith - we will prevail........it is written.

Will see you there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast