• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pretrial Breakfast Greater Richmond 6/26 8:00 M

sidestreet

I'll probably be there...,

unless "something" else takes precedent. Not sure if I want to eat, only to feel like throwing up at (I think Skid called it "watching justice") court proceedings. Do they get mad when you throw up in the courtroom? I've had that feeling before. I've had a lot of other feelings in court too, though, most of them not good. I f things go well, I'd probably be more inclined to eat Brunch, lunch or whatever we decide to call it.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 11 vs. 13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'll be there with bells on. BTW, anyone that doesn't want to be videoed....tell me !

Speaking of which, I saw Grapeshot nekked today.:lol:

We had to go somewhere sterile so no purdy or big guns. When we got back to the parking lot, he got dressed again in front of a family talking about something on the sidewalk.

No one seemed to notice except for me laughing when he got his suspenders hung up on the truck door and looked like a paratrooper stuck in a tree.

And yes.....our unarmed trip has something to do with Scousers case.

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I'll admit that I haven't followed the matter closely, and I doubt that I can make it (though I would dearly love to), but are the proceedings going to be THE trial, and not just a continuation?

Thanks.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'll admit that I haven't followed the matter closely, and I doubt that I can make it (though I would dearly love to), but are the proceedings going to be THE trial, and not just a continuation?

Thanks.

You never really know what will happen until it happens....but this should be THE TRIAL.
Could be the Cop will not be able to attend or witnesses won't show or even the Nightmare may show up in short pants.......but unforeseen events aside, it's showtime.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'll be there with bells on. BTW, anyone that doesn't want to be videoed....tell me !

Speaking of which, I saw Grapeshot nekked today.:lol:

We had to go somewhere sterile so no purdy or big guns. When we got back to the parking lot, he got dressed again in front of a family talking about something on the sidewalk.

No one seemed to notice except for me laughing when he got his suspenders hung up on the truck door and looked like a paratrooper stuck in a tree.

And yes.....our unarmed trip has something to do with Scousers case.
Now that is a coincidence - I saw a nekked media photographer on the Willey bridge today....twice.....though nobody laughed :p

I think Henrico had moved the Meriwether Lewis and Bill Clark trail markers to make the route more scenic, but we did find the pass before the Donner party got there.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Now that is a coincidence - I saw a nekked media photographer on the Willey bridge today....twice.....though nobody laughed :p

I think Henrico had moved the Meriwether Lewis and Bill Clark trail markers to make the route more scenic, but we did find the pass before the Donner party got there.

Did I tell you I was related to the museum curator who got lost in his own museum.:uhoh:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
You never really know what will happen until it happens....but this should be THE TRIAL.
Could be the Cop will not be able to attend or witnesses won't show or even the Nightmare may show up in short pants.......but unforeseen events aside, it's showtime.

More for user to answer than you, but ...

If the cop does not show and Scouser and his highly trained attorney are ready to proceed to trial, doesn't the judge have to award the win to scouser by default? (IOW - dismiss with prejudice.)

As for breakfast - I'll be there early in order to get a good seat.

stay safe.

sidestreet

That might be the case, Skid, but...,

More for user to answer than you, but ...

If the cop does not show and Scouser and his highly trained attorney are ready to proceed to trial, doesn't the judge have to award the win to scouser by default? (IOW - dismiss with prejudice.)

As for breakfast - I'll be there early in order to get a good seat.

stay safe.

didn't you/we show up for your trial, and the prosecution wasn't ready for trial, and the judge didn't do a d^%* thing basically but continue the "proceedings" to another date?

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
didn't you/we show up for your trial, and the prosecution wasn't ready for trial, and the judge didn't do a d^%* thing basically but continue the "proceedings" to another date?

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

It's not a rule but generally either side can get one continuance without a lot of flak from the judge.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It's not a rule but generally either side can get one continuance without a lot of flak from the judge.
No disrespect intended, but that is just pro-fesh-u-nal courtesy shown to an officer of the court, member of the same fraternity.

Rules and ethics mean less when faced with such impo-tent matters. The little people may just have to wait while the big boys sort things out.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Just a short reminder for proper decorum in court as we want no negative reflection on ourselves and most certainly not on the case.

No cell phones, cameras, recorders, weapons of any kind including small knives. Style of clothing is suggested as business casual, but at the least no shorts please. Hats may not be worn in the court room and talking is not permitted....particularly once court is in session.

User may have some special instructions. If that is the case, they will be relayed here and at the breakfast + we will have someone at the entrance to the court building to assist.

Blk97F150

I was hoping to be able to attend both the breakfast, and the trial... but it does not appear that work stuff is going to cooperate (and for some reason, the kids enjoy eating... so that work thing is kind of important at the moment).

Good thoughts will be sent to Scouser & User on Wednesday for a successful outcome!! :banana:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Like you would tell them no if they offered you some "special" favors and you were single? ... Just saying :rolleyes:

We are treated especially well by all of the staff there AND they are particularly understanding/accepting of OC. We always show them the highest respect in return.

user

Accomplished Advocate
...User may have some special instructions. If that is the case, they will be relayed here and at the breakfast + we will have someone at the entrance to the court building to assist.

Not really. I've been asked whether an empty holster is ok; it is.