• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pretrial Breakfast Greater Richmond 6/26 8:00 M

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Just a short reminder for proper decorum in court as we want no negative reflection on ourselves and most certainly not on the case.

No cell phones, cameras, recorders, weapons of any kind including small knives. Style of clothing is suggested as business casual, but at the least no shorts please. Hats may not be worn in the court room and talking is not permitted....particularly once court is in session.

User may have some special instructions. If that is the case, they will be relayed here and at the breakfast + we will have someone at the entrance to the court building to assist.

Not really. I've been asked whether an empty holster is ok; it is.
Double check that you have no ammo, mags or speed loaders - das ist verbotan!

FreeInAZ

We are treated especially well by all of the staff there AND they are particularly understanding/accepting of OC. We always show them the highest respect in return.

Comment was geared at EEK image used after their pictures in his post. Maybe he meant wink, instead. ?? If I and the family are every near their diner on vacation we will be sure to give them our business. :thumbup:

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Just a few thoughts while I'm packing for tomorrow.

This group meaning OCDO and the various little sub groups, are gaining a reputation as the people who make changes. That's surprising since we are unorganized, non dues paying and diverse, but still change is made or at least we get the ball rolling.

Recently, the Petersburg Clerk, Skidmark in Surry, Municipals called on the carpet and now....Scouser.

The fact that donations were made speaks volumes. Now hopefully, there will be a showing of bodies who not only support Scouser, User, Grapeshot, Skidmark but everyone that has greased the tracks so far.

I have no idea what will happen tomorrow. There are a lot of possibilities and this is a Chess game, but whatever, it would be good if we made the point that we aren't going to accept irresponsible law enforcement in this state.

I watched Scouser today who is agonizing over this. I watched Grapeshot work with him... then even though he wasn't well, go into high gear and work on the next project case. Stuff needed doing and it got done.

This is what sets the members here apart from the talkers!

My respect to all of you and I hope to see you tomorrow.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Our strength lies in our diversity, our wide range of talents, coupled with a tenacity that would make a pit bull proud. People here give of their personal time and are known to have reached into their piggy banks in spite of lean times to help another. I am proud and frequently in awe of the lengths to which this group will go to get the job done.

W/o meaning to be overly dramatic, this is a hellova merry band of brothers - none better!

Tomorrow will be a new verse in this ongoing saga. The end of which has yet to be written. We must have faith - we will prevail........it is written.

Will see you there.

The Wolfhound

To Scouser and the Steering Commitee

Kick Ass tomorrow! My thoughts and prayers are with you. Dan represents the best set of hands to guide you through. I wait anxiously for word of a positive outcome.

AFCop

Good luck scouser

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone today! Good luck and I wish I could be there in body. I will be there in spirit and I can't wait to hear how great things go!

va_tazdad

Fear Not!

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone today! Good luck and I wish I could be there in body. I will be there in spirit and I can't wait to hear how great things go!

I will wear my USAF Veteran Tee Shirt under my polo and I promise not to be "found in contempt". (Although I am)

Off to Breakfast before the court date. ;>)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I will wear my USAF Veteran Tee Shirt under my polo and I promise not to be "found in contempt". (Although I am)

Off to Breakfast before the court date. ;>)
I think we all share contempt for those that abuse the system and suffer harm to those not deserving of it. The respect we seek to show is for the office/court and the part it shall play in correcting this wrong. There are many good people (most are) in all departments in Henrico and they will always have our respect - privately, those that cross the line not so much.

Saddle up and move 'em out.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Almost 1 PM, no posting.

Hope everything is resolved to Scouser's satisfaction.

It took a long time to get the bond posted and appeal noted Thundar. Then we went to a late lunch. After that....I stopped by Greentops:rolleyes:

sidestreet

See now..,

why I waited to eat?

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

va_tazdad

Yes, but

why I waited to eat?

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

After seeing what was done, allowed to be done, and not allowed to be done by the judge, C/A and their "witnesses" I was not the least bit interested in eating until this morning.

sidestreet

Yes, understood completely...,

but my concern was for collateral damage in the courtroom.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

va_tazdad

That is where we see it differently

but my concern was for collateral damage in the courtroom.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

I would have loved to cause a scene and have the judge ask me if I was okay! That would have opened it up for a chance to ask him a few questions, like did he get his law degree out of a box of Crackerjacks, or did he go all out and buy the Kmart one for $9.95 with a framed diploma????????????

I know, I, KNOW, that would not be the time or place for it, but I sure would have enjoyed it!

Whereas I am not a lawyer, I am not bound by the "Code of Ethics" the judge violated!