• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Liquer store carry

45mike

I noticed a sign that said no one under 21 allowed. I know for a bar or restaurant that means no firearms but here there is no consumption on the premises. So what's the legality on carrying?

tombrewster421

They are using the sign where they should not be.

Edit: That is of course if they're using the sign that quotes RCW. If its just handwritten or something then see slapmonkeys reply below.

Last edited:

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
I noticed a sign that said no one under 21 allowed. I know for a bar or restaurant that means no firearms but here there is no consumption on the premises. So what's the legality on carrying?

Liquor stores are now private entities in WA, thus its private property and they have the right to impose any restrictions they want. Did you notice if it was a liquor control board posted area? Chances are, its not LCB restricted, but you need to be certain. If its not LCB restricted, then the sign has not weight of law in WA. That said, I would probably contact the store owner and ask clarification and not patronize locations that don't allow firearms.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
People under 21 can go into the store with their parents, they just can't buy. The sign refers to people under 21 that are unaccompanied. Kind of like a restaurant that serves alcohol. So legally you can carry in a liquor store, I have numerous times with no problem.

hermannr

People under 21 can go into the store with their parents, they just can't buy. The sign refers to people under 21 that are unaccompanied. Kind of like a restaurant that serves alcohol. So legally you can carry in a liquor store, I have numerous times with no problem.

A person under 21, without someone over 21 present, can eat at a restaurant that serves. They just cannot purchase a drink.

As to liquor stores: Liquor stores do not serve alcoholic beverages, therefore, anyone can enter a liquor store, only those over 21 can purchase. There is no legal requirement that the person under 21 be accompanied by an adult.. though I am sure the liquor store owner would not like it (theft potential)

Last edited:

45mike

Thanks for the replys,it's as I thought but wanted to check. I'll continue to carry and if they complain I'll go elsewhere.