• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock block

Mattimusmaximus

In Milwaukee Oregon residents are posting signs that sayTheres a movement called the "glock block" neighborhoods posting signs with a gun pictured and slogan "we dont call police"

I think this is an amazing movement :) just thought I should share

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I just saw this on ch5. It seems she got vandalized a bit, got tired of it and put up the sign. The neighbors have not joined her as her sign is the only one so far.

SFCRetired

Be wonderful if this would spread across the entire nation. I do believe the crime rate would, after a short period, drop to nearly zero.
I will agree that there are some otherwise-law-abiding citizens who should not be trusted with a water pistol, but they are a distinct minority.

Mattimusmaximus

I have taken a strong liking to this an will be doin the same here in my little city of hillsboro I enjoyed the 1911>911

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

SFCRetired

I will agree that the overall crime rate is dropping. I do feel that it has not dropped far enough, fast enough. I also feel that a preponderance of armed, law-abiding citizens would have the effect of causing the rate to drop much faster.

One additional comment: This, of course, applies mostly to the pure criminal element. The ones on drugs or mentally unbalanced will not be swayed by the probability of facing an armed citizen. However, that would be pretty much a self-correcting problem.