• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seriously, what's next when it comes to law enforcement atrocities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

minarchist

Over the last few years, it seems as though almost every high profile atrocity perpetrated by some hired thug(s) of the state is soon outdone by some other atrocity by some other similarly-employed knuckle dragger(s). Just when you thought that two heinous monsters from the very same police department (NOPD) (from completely separate incidents, mind you) being on death row was particularly bad, video surfaces of a man being tortured to death in Florida via pepper spray while completely restrained in a chair, which in turn has been surpassed by even worse deeds.

I am not being hyperbolic with what I am about to write: I would not be even slightly surprised if some cop, after having allegedly having a bad day, went into a maternity ward with his automatic rifle and shot every last newborn and nurse in sight, who would then be suspended with pay and charged with involuntary manslaughter, whereupon disgusting sycophants (particularly filthy establishment neocunt Republicans, who criticize union thuggery, EXCEPT when it comes from their beloved state bullies) came out of the woodwork to defend the evil man on the grounds that his job is "stressful" and that he was "just blowing off some steam and deserves some understanding from society", whereupon a jury of morons would sentence him to around three years in prison. I stand by my claim that there is no act so horrible that no law enforcement officer would never commit said act. Law enforcement, by the very nature of how it is set up by the 5,000 year old blood-drenched leviathon known as the state, attracts people with the very same psychological profile as soldiers who murdered civilians in cold blood under other regimes.

The state is at war with the citizenry, and the people who commit these atrocities, and their superiors who enable and cover for said atrocities, are war criminals.

Ca Patriot

Personally I think abuses by law enforcement are declining in the last 10-15 years.

I'm certain that they are worse today than in 1790, 1840, 1920 or even 1950 but I believe the worst periods of police abuse were from the late 1970's through mid 1990's.

There is a lot of work to be done but I honestly think things are getting better and a lot of that has to do with video cameras.

America needs to eliminate a lot of laws in order to further reduce police abuse.

Just remember that police officers are human beings and human beings do good things and bad things.

eye95

Are we reduced to inventing atrocities now?

Let's discuss what actually happens not invented crimes. Such an attempt to stir folks up with fiction only accomplishes one useful thing. It reveals bigotry and bias.

If anything like the maternity story ever happened, cite it. Otherwise, I'd suggest you knock off the illogical and emotional posting that is that story-telling.

On OCDO, we deal in facts and logic. Leave the what-ifs and the emotion to the antis.

Moving on.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
.... Just when you thought that two heinous monsters from the very same police department (NOPD) (from completely separate incidents, mind you) being on death row was particularly bad, video surfaces of a man being tortured to death in Florida via pepper spray while completely restrained in a chair, which in turn has been surpassed by even worse deeds.

First, OCDO has a preference (as noted in The Rules) for citing to authority. You suggest some rather henious behavior but fail to provide any citation that would show those are more than your fevered imagination at work.

Second, your suggested scenario lacks certain markers that would supoport anybody even considering that such would be probable. As dear old Dad used to tell me, anything is possible, including a male becoming preganant and carrying the fetus to full term - but most things are not probable. Hospitals are a major PITA to get through. It would be far easier to go to a school or a mall or a movie theater.

Third, The State is not "at war with" the citizenry. For a state of war to exist there must be a formal declaration of war. Absent that declaration of war, no war crimes can be committed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

Perhaps you were searching for "crimes against humanity"? Of course, if you were you would still be wrong. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimes_against_humanity
Crimes against humanity, as defined by the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court Explanatory Memorandum, "are particularly odious offenses in that they constitute a serious attack on human dignity or grave humiliation or a degradation of human beings."[1] They are not isolated or sporadic events, but are part either of a government policy (although the perpetrators need not identify themselves with this policy) or of a wide practice of atrocities tolerated or condoned by a government or a de facto authority. Murder; extermination; torture; rape; political, racial, or religious persecution and other inhumane acts reach the threshold of crimes against humanity only if they are part of a widespread or systematic practice. Isolated inhumane acts of this nature may constitute grave infringements of human rights, or depending on the circumstances, war crimes, but may fall short of falling into the category of crimes under discussion."
(emphasis added)

Your credibility is lower than the belly of a snake in a wagon rut.

stay safe.

minarchist

Are we reduced to inventing atrocities now?

Let's discuss what actually happens not invented crimes. Such an attempt to stir folks up with fiction only accomplishes one useful thing. It reveals bigotry and bias.

If anything like the maternity story ever happened, cite it. Otherwise, I'd suggest you knock off the illogical and emotional posting that is that story-telling.

On OCDO, we deal in facts and logic. Leave the what-ifs and the emotion to the antis.

Moving on.

There is nothing wrong with extrapolating from a trend.

minarchist

First, OCDO has a preference (as noted in The Rules) for citing to authority. You suggest some rather henious behavior but fail to provide any citation that would show those are more than your fevered imagination at work.

So you think that I'm making this up. Read (and watch) these and weep:

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/04/death_row_saga_of_killer_cop_l.html

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/gangsters_outlaws/cops_others/antoinette_frank/7.html

http://www.care2.com/causes/florida-man-tortured-and-pepper-sprayed-to-death-by-police.html

[video=youtube;mTE2UDYAK9k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTE2UDYAK9k[/video]

Second, your suggested scenario lacks certain markers that would supoport anybody even considering that such would be probable.

You're deluded. The atrocities perpetrated so far by the bullies in blue come fairly close to the severity of what I outlined in the OP.

As dear old Dad used to tell me, anything is possible, including a male becoming preganant and carrying the fetus to full term - but most things are not probable. Hospitals are a major PITA to get through. It would be far easier to go to a school or a mall or a movie theater.

The cops at the hospital would wave their piece of $hit union "brother in blue" through.

Third, The State is not "at war with" the citizenry. For a state of war to exist there must be a formal declaration of war. Absent that declaration of war, no war crimes can be committed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

Perhaps you were searching for "crimes against humanity"? Of course, if you were you would still be wrong. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimes_against_humanity
(emphasis added)

I am not interested in statist drivel (we both know who created these definitions).

Your credibility is lower than the belly of a snake in a wagon rut.

Your sympathy for the enemies of humanity is noted.

stay safe.

That will be much easier after the control freaks are gone.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Magnifying isolated incidents and low percentage of occurances, no matter how outragious an individual event might be, is what makes your claims our the top, beyond the pale.

Add to that the intentionally negative verbiage used in descibing LE generally and we have LEO bashing in a most obvious form.

Accordingly, locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.