Thread: Trained professional Officer accidentally shoots armed robbery suspect, police say.

Trained professional Officer accidentally shoots armed robbery suspect, police say.

"According to Stanmeyer, the man is believed to be one of two men who robbed a man of his car and money at gunpoint ... After police spotted the car ..., the men fled on foot and officers caught the 29-year-old .... As the man was being arrested, a gun belonging to a 30-year-old officer with 12 years on the department accidentally discharged, striking the man in the thigh, Stanmeyer said. A handgun was recovered from the pavement near the stolen car, and police were looking for the second robber later Monday, he said."

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/c...211873041.html

The perp's gun was recovered five blocks from where the unarmed man was shot. No comments permitted by the Murkee urinal guardian. I wonder why, heh heh heh.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-18-2013 at 06:37 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Improper gun handling having your finger on the trigger when one isn't suppose to leads to these type of shootings,
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    Is it just me or has the media changed or trying to change peoples perception of accident vs negligent. It has been along time since I have heard a reporter call it what it should be called a negligent discharge not and accidental discharge.

To quote another OCDO member "keep your booger hook off the bang switch"
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 06-18-2013 at 08:14 AM.
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

You can be "with the Department" at 18?

Quote Originally Posted by jhfc View Post
    You can be "with the Department" at 18?
    Good catch, "30-year-old officer with 12 years on the department " makes him eighteen years old when he first got up on the painted pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Good catch, "30-year-old officer with 12 years on the department " makes him eighteen years old when he first got up on the painted pony.
    Yes he could have started off in a non sworn position received his 60 collage credits and move into a sworn position.

In Wisconsin and LEO has to have at least 60 collage credits with in the first 5 years of employment or before most department require them before hiring some well let you get them afterwards.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

leos are lucky to be put on admin leaves after shooting. Now if the scenario was different, where the homeowner accidentally shot the suspect after he was cornered and subdued by homeowner who was waiting for cops or the cops were there and his gun went off striking the suspect? jail time with a mountain of charges like negligent discharge of firearm, improper handling of fire arm etc...

OK that settles it, George Zimmerman should have claimed it was a accident instead of self defense. Then he would have only been put on administrative leave from the Neighborhood Watch.

Off Topic~Wasn't his trial supposed to start this month?
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 06-18-2013 at 04:02 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Off Topic~Wasn't his trial supposed to start this month?
    Day seven coverage by Attorney Andrew Branca

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/06...overage//#more

I've been reading his daily wrap up with my first glass of fine box-wine Pinot Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Improper gun handling having your finger on the trigger when one isn't suppose to leads to these type of shootings,

Yep, I agree to keep your finger off until you're ready to shoot, he should know this but Police is not always use gun safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpapa View Post
    Yep, I agree to keep your finger off until you're ready to shoot, he should know this but Police is not always use gun safety.
    As with any unintended discharge I am sure he was trained properly as most people LEOs and others that have them forgot their training or just didn't use it.

What is the current condition of the armed robber who was shot?
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP