Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Eyewitnesses describe DWI checkpoint shooting, "officers acted with no regard for pub

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,153

    Eyewitnesses describe DWI checkpoint shooting, "officers acted with no regard for pub

    "Every cop turned around and started unloading like super trigger happy as if their training was coming into full effect and they were being able to utilize it," said Cleerdin. "Everybody was just blasting this car to pieces. It was absolutely terrifying." http://www.wect.com/story/22605650/e...point-shooting
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  2. #2
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,611
    This has what to do with OC or RKBA? What is your point?

    Appears to just be another in a chain of trying to find possible police bad conduct - only gives on side w/o conclusion.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    This has what to do with OC or RKBA? What is your point?

    Appears to just be another in a chain of trying to find possible police bad conduct - only gives on side w/o conclusion.
    How police interact with citizens is information that people who OC need to be aware of I think.

    "another in a chain" ... well, the internet exposes these incidents better then the newspapers could several years ago.

    Only gives one side? Well, I see no other side being presented here and the facts presented show that these cops in this situation seem a little bit trigger happy...

    I think it is an example of why people should carry ... you never know who may be endangering your health ... even not on purpose..

  4. #4
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,611
    Well you see that is the difference - I don't jump to conclusions based on one media report which may or may not contain inaccuracies. One family's claim of "trigger happy" is what? Evidence?

    I fail also to see this as indicative of how LEA or LEOs will respond to OCers - that is a major stretch. I'm somewhat disappointed in such a leap - knee jerk much? I haven't seen the details yet.

    A bit more patience and we may get the facts......whatever they may be.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Bigpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    49
    This will get sweep under the rug and forgotten.Sad, but true.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    ...These are professional people, professional officers, and they're training, they're highly trained and they're not supposed to do stuff like that.
    Why do people keep assuming this?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville
    Posts
    66
    Not only do people assume police are highly trained but they also will believe the police are automatically guilty based on one tv news report. We were not there, the people interviewed did not see why the police fired, so no one really knows the why. If the threat is still there after 40 rounds then 41 rounds should be used.

  8. #8
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    Not only do people assume police are highly trained but they also will believe the police are automatically guilty based on one tv news report. We were not there, the people interviewed did not see why the police fired, so no one really knows the why. If the threat is still there after 40 rounds then 41 rounds should be used.
    Ahh so, you think very responsibly.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  9. #9
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    Not only do people assume police are highly trained but they also will believe the police are automatically guilty based on one tv news report. We were not there, the people interviewed did not see why the police fired, so no one really knows the why. If the threat is still there after 40 rounds then 41 rounds should be used.
    Actually we do know why the police claim they fired, because the suspects did not stop for the checkpoint and they felt their life was in danger. If you check links in the original link you will find that the police issued a statement. Things have changed a lot over the years, in my time a vehicle not stopping was not enough to claim self defense. In example the Miami overtown riots after a police officer did the same. IMO the bad guys just wanted to get away, and that is not enough to risk innocent bystanders lives. Even police have to or should follow safe gun handling, and knowing your backstop is imperative. There is no excuse for firing upon innocents, they have the same rights to safety as police.

    I don't care how many round were fired, they became the threat to the innocent bystanders. They would have been justified to fire back, IMO. If a police officer fires on me unjustified, I WILL take action to stop him.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 06-19-2013 at 12:36 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  10. #10
    Regular Member Maverick9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mid-atlantic
    Posts
    1,505
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    ...

    I don't care how many round were fired, ... take action to stop him.
    Uh, do you really want to post that in a public forum, good buddy?
    "Every cop turned around and started unloading like super trigger happy as if their training was coming into full effect and they were being able to utilize it," said Cleerdin.
    I don't want to cop-bash, but this statement rings true for me (I also worry about this thought among gun fans who sometimes seem slightly blood-thirsty a -little- bit).
    Last edited by Maverick9; 06-19-2013 at 06:40 PM.

  11. #11
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    This has what to do with OC or RKBA? What is your point?

    Appears to just be another in a chain of trying to find possible police bad conduct - only gives on side w/o conclusion.
    I agree and disagree, it does not have to do with OC. If the links are followed in the link, the police did give their side, and IMO as a former officer they were reckless/bad conduct. Running a roadblock to get away is not reason to shoot or endanger innocent bystanders. This is not cop bashing, they shot at unarmed suspects, while innocent bystanders were in the line of fire. Facts that they admit to.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Well you see that is the difference - I don't jump to conclusions based on one media report which may or may not contain inaccuracies. One family's claim of "trigger happy" is what? Evidence?

    I fail also to see this as indicative of how LEA or LEOs will respond to OCers - that is a major stretch. I'm somewhat disappointed in such a leap - knee jerk much? I haven't seen the details yet.

    A bit more patience and we may get the facts......whatever they may be.
    Hardly "jumping to conclusions" nor is this site a journal ... one can always change opinions upon new and conflicting information.

    I think the conclusions stated are limited to the specific people involved, not a wholesale conclusion on police in general; however, like your said "chain" ... upon how many instances can a general conclusion be made regarding the police in general?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •