• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Community involvement

jcwmla80

Community involvement

Hey guys,
This is way off topic. Not gun-related or political in nature. I am doing a side project of trying to publicize community and civic involvement. For example, a local woman has been diagnosed with cancer and her family is conducting a fundraiser to help raise money for treatment. Food banks, hurricane relief, cancer treatment, St. Jude, anything like that you think would be worth someone sending out through Facebook and Twitter, please send to me.

This is not attached to any of my political activities, but I do think it would be awesome if the firearms community could rally behind some of the more worthy causes.

Thank y'all,
Jeff

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Jeffery Craig
President, Louisiana Open Carry Advocates
http://www.laopencarryadvocates.org/
Join us!

sudden valley gunner

Community involvement

Hey guys,
This is way off topic. Not gun-related or political in nature. I am doing a side project of trying to publicize community and civic involvement. For example, a local woman has been diagnosed with cancer and her family is conducting a fundraiser to help raise money for treatment. Food banks, hurricane relief, cancer treatment, St. Jude, anything like that you think would be worth someone sending out through Facebook and Twitter, please send to me.

This is not attached to any of my political activities, but I do think it would be awesome if the firearms community could rally behind some of the more worthy causes.

Thank y'all,
Jeff

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Jeffery Craig
President, Louisiana Open Carry Advocates
http://www.laopencarryadvocates.org/
Join us!

This is a great direction, compete with government in providing better and more inexpensive services prove them wrong that we need them for every little charitable good deed.

Our County Libertarian Party has been working on ways to do this, even on small a scale. We helped with the local Boys and Girls club in preparing for their Garden and yes some of us OC'd.....we have pics.....:cool:

jcwmla80

That sounds awesome, and yes, that is the idea. I agree. It's always good to help people. It's even better to help people within a community without taking from others. That's what volunteerism is all about. Gotta put your money where your mouth is and make it happen.

I recently changed my affiliation from Republican to Libertarian. I'll mention this to the local chapter and see what they think. Thanks for the awesome feedback.