Thread: Travel through OK with valid permit. Car questions.

Travel through OK with valid permit. Car questions.

We are coming through on our way to MO. I have been reading the laws but am confused. We have valid permits in OK. Is it legal to have it on me and loaded in the car? Also if I have other unloaded pistols in the car do they or the container have to be in plain sight? The handgun law site has me very confused on car carry. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    We are coming through on our way to MO. I have been reading the laws but am confused. We have valid permits in OK. Is it legal to have it on me and loaded in the car? Also if I have other unloaded pistols in the car do they or the container have to be in plain sight? The handgun law site has me very confused on car carry. Thanks.
    If you have a valid permit to carry from any state, you can carry loaded, concealed or openly. If you do not have a valid permit to carry, then you have to have to put away per federal transport law, As you say you have a valid permit from NV, Carry on.

With your permit, you can have your handgun loaded in your vehicle and/or on your person.

Other pistols in the car (or their container) have to be visible unless they are locked in an exterior compartment (trunk).

That being said, if you put pistols in a range bag, then just the range bag has to be visible.

Hope that helps, and have a safe trip.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be accepted as legal advice

Quote Originally Posted by hrdware View Post
    With your permit, you can have your handgun loaded in your vehicle and/or on your person.

Other pistols in the car (or their container) have to be visible unless they are locked in an exterior compartment (trunk).

That being said, if you put pistols in a range bag, then just the range bag has to be visible.

Hope that helps, and have a safe trip.
    Thanks all. My range bag is a black backpack deal. So I guess we will just leave it on top of the pile. I understand I should be good to go on OC now as well outside of the car. Correct?

Thanks all. My range bag is a black backpack deal. So I guess we will just leave it on top of the pile. I understand I should be good to go on OC now as well outside of the car. Correct?
    OC with a Valid Concealed carry or carry permit from any state has been declared legal by the AG. Not just OK licenses. Exceptions are states that do no issue permits/licenses. Then only state ID from that state is required. This would currently cover Vermont and until the near future, Illinois.

At least that is what I have read.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Quote Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf View Post
    OC with a Valid Concealed carry or carry permit from any state has been declared legal by the AG. Not just OK licenses. Exceptions are states that do no issue permits/licenses. Then only state ID from that state is required. This would currently cover Vermont and until the near future, Illinois.

At least that is what I have read.
    Wyoming, Alaska and Arizona are also constitutional carry states that are covered by the "DL only" portion of the OK law.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be accepted as legal advice