• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Contact Information for Handgunlaw.us?

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I recently noticed that handgunlaw.us has added an open-carry section to their state-specific pages. Upon examining Kentucky's page, I noticed that they have claimed the areas that are off-limits to those carrying concealed are also off-limits to those who carry openly, and as we all know this is false.

So, I was wanting to contact someone with handgunlaw.us and inform them of this. I cannot use their "Contact Us" button because I do not have my e-mail set up to do so. I searched the home-page for contact information and couldn't find anything.

I would suggest they use the correct information or remove the statement altogether. I love their concealed carry information but ALL the information they give people should be as accurate as possible. Sub-sections (A), (D) and portions of (F) that are listed on their Kentucky page as off-limits are not off-limits to those that carry openly. People can also keep concealed firearms in their vehicles while on K-12 school property as long as the firearm doesn't leave the vehicle -- unless it is used for reasons authorized by law -- and I think this would be a great addition to their site so people know. When people read the "places off-limits" most will think they can't have a firearm anywhere on school property and that is not the case.

If anyone can pass these concerns on or if they know the contact information I would really appreciate it.

Gary Slider

That wording will be changed late Thursday June 20 or Early Friday June 21 in the Open Carry Section of the Kentucky Page. Thank you for pointing that out.

Gary Slider

I run searches all the time for Handgunlaw.us for the last 24 hours. 99% of the time they are just referencing the site or saying something nice about it. But once in awhile someone posts something stating I don't have things exactly right and this was one of those times. Helps me keep the site as up to date as possible. I also knew that with the addition of the Open Carry Section I was going to miss a few things. I erred on the side of caution with every page using generic terms telling people to study it further and look to the state RKBA's Orgs for really good info on Open Carry. But I like to be spot on with the info and it is people who give me that heads up that make Handgunlaw.us what it is. I couldn't do this by myself.