OC cartoon sums it up

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371611013.400049.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	10533

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Actually I not so sure it does.

It makes the point that there are some that suffer from severe hoplophobia and perhaps some here will think that is funny, but to the ones with the paranoia it is very real.

Really though don't you think there is less and less of this extreme reaction as people become accustomed to honest, law abiding OCers.

I don't laugh at such people. I go out of my way to defuse their fears. I smile (a lot) nod pleasantly or engage them in small, pleasant chit-chat. After seeing me in or around several times, they frequently come up and ask me questions = a golden opportunity to educate in a friendly manner.

That an the OCer is the stereotype big bellied, white dude, wearing cowboy boots, with chin whiskers....Ok all that's all right, even the ball cap worn backwards which I despise.

The most egregious part of the depiction is his arms folded over his chest, indicating, as any student of psychology will tell you, a closed mind - not receptive.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-19-2013 at 02:01 AM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

OC cartoon sums it up

This is just satire. No, I have not had any negative encounters. I liked the cartoon. It's a cartoon. Take it for what you will. I greet everyone with a smile on my face and I am especially on my best behavior when open carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by jcwmla80 View Post
    This is just satire. No, I have not had any negative encounters. I liked the cartoon. It's a cartoon. Take it for what you will. I greet everyone with a smile on my face and I am especially on my best behavior when open carrying.
    I wasn't attacking you personally. I was sharing what I saw in the drawing. Diiferent people will see different things.

Even granny had her place - more and more women seem to be involved in crime these days.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Banned
    The little kid should have wide eyes, a smile, and a though bubble saying, "Cool!" Hoplophobia is learned.

Thanks for posting. Enjoyed it.
    Last edited by eye95; 06-19-2013 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    The little kid should have wide eyes, a smile, and a though bubble saying, "Cool!" Hoplophobia is learned.

Thanks for posting. Enjoyed it.
    Possibly with the thought "Are you a cowboy?" like I was asked once by a youngin of about 5 or 6.

OC cartoon sums it up

Cowboys are cool. Cowboys will always be cool.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    I think it's pretty funny. I have a hard time imagining how it would come across if I wasn't the way I am, though. I mean, if I wasn't already solidly in support of open carry. I'm not sure I'd really "get it" Then again, I'd probably figure it out in a minute or two

Quote Originally Posted by mtlhdtodd View Post
    Possibly with the thought "Are you a cowboy?" like I was asked once by a youngin of about 5 or 6.
    "My grandson would like to know, are you a cowboy or a cop?"

One of my favorite OC interactions.

Why does this nitwit "cartoonist" depict a seasoned citizen as holding some nefarious intent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i25gZXQF2w

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Why does this nitwit "cartoonist" depict a seasoned citizen as holding some nefarious intent.
    --snip--
    Because he can.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mtlhdtodd View Post
    I was asked that once too, I said "No, I am an Indian"....it led to a great conversation.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i25gZXQF2w
    He didn't. He depicted a seasoned citizen holding an intent on getting a donut. :P The sheeple saw him as having nefarious intentions.
    Last edited by FlyBoy276; 07-09-2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: My period key must be broken..

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoy276 View Post
    He didn't. He depicted a seasoned citizen holding an intent on getting a donut. :P The sheeple saw him as having nefarious intentions.
    Which is why this cartoon fails in real life people are unconcerned with OC.