Thread: Stopped and illegally searched for open carrying in front of my house in Winchester

Stopped and illegally searched for open carrying in front of my house in Winchester

deleted.
    Last edited by loxety; 06-19-2013 at 01:54 PM.

And...? What do you intend to do about it?

Stopped and illegally searched for open carrying in front of my house in Winche

First step is contact an attorney. I recommend giving Dan Hawes a ring. His website is, I believe, virginialegaldefense.com
    ...To make my bullets go faster!

Erase or delete your post and contact a attorney, ASAP. What do you plan to do with the money?
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Stopped and illegally searched for open carrying in front of my house in Winche

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Erase or delete your post and contact a attorney, ASAP. What do you plan to do with the money?
    +1
    ...To make my bullets go faster!

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Money from what? VA cities must throw it around much more freely than, for instance, the ones in Ohio.
    Last edited by BB62; 06-19-2013 at 01:59 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    Money from what? VA cities must throw it around much more freely than, for instance, the ones in Ohio.
    Well, if he can establish that his rights were violated under color of law, he can seek damages. Virginia has some pretty good laws to use when pursuing damages for such acts, as opposed to the Federal 1984 statute.

And no, Virginia cities do not throw the money around freely than they do in Ohio. It may just be that we are better at getting damage awards.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Well, if he can establish that his rights were violated under color of law, he can seek damages. Virginia has some pretty good laws to use when pursuing damages for such acts, as opposed to the Federal 1984 statute...
    VERY interesting.

Could you link to those? Sounds like something similar would be useful to have in Ohio.

You see stuff like this is what irritates me. A thread about nothing or 20 pages of a thread about something that only a handful of people know what it is.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T Dubya View Post
    You see stuff like this is what irritates me. A thread about nothing or 20 pages of a thread about something that only a handful of people know what it is.

I agree it should be a dead thread TD but the guy posted the details, was told to delete it and call a lawyer....which he did. The rest is behind the curtain until the fat lady sings.

There are always tnings that have to stay out of daylight. I have a 3" stack of legal filings on my desk now that involve your stomping ground. It may be another year before they hit the light, Grapeshot and I paid a place a visit the other day and had a great time....at least a couple of weeks before it gets talked about.

Sorry....BTW, I'm not involved in this one other than telling him to delete and shut up.
    Last edited by peter nap; 06-19-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I agree it should be a dead thread TD but the guy posted the details, was told to delete it and call a lawyer....which he did. The rest is behind the curtain until the fat lady sings.

There are always tnings that have to stay out of daylight. I have a 3" stack of legal filings on my desk now that involve your stomping ground. It may be another year before they hit the light, Grapeshot and I paid a place a visit the other day and had a great time....at least a couple of weeks before it gets talked about.

Sorry....BTW, I'm not involved in this one other than telling him to delete and shut up.
    It may be secondary, but it was edu-ka-shunal. So much under construction.

P.S. Don't walk on the grass.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-19-2013 at 07:13 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Centurion
    Well, just shoot, I didn't get to read the original posting prior to deletion! Maybe later at the conclusion of processes.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    VERY interesting.

Could you link to those? Sounds like something similar would be useful to have in Ohio.
    http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...00+cod+2.2-514 and http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+8.01-261 and http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...od+15.2-5406.2 might be places to start.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Stopped and illegally searched for open carrying in front of my house in Winc...

Can anybody say what city/town?

Stopped and illegally searched for open carrying in front of my house in Winchester

Quote Originally Posted by DryBones View Post
    Can anybody say what city/town?
    The tread title says Winchester

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2