Thread: IRS trained with AR-15

IRS trained with AR-15

Jeff Duncan questions IRS gun usage

As chairman of the House Homeland Security oversight subcommittee, Duncan (R-S.C.) toured a federal law enforcement facility in late May and noticed agents training with the semi-automatic weapons at a firing range. They identified themselves as IRS, he said.

“When I left there, it’s been bugging me for weeks now, why IRS agents are training with a semi-automatic rifle AR-15, which has stand-off capability,” Duncan told POLITICO. “Are Americans that much of a target that you need that kind of capability?”

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...#ixzz2WV3UkPPo
    IRS with AR-15, to deal with whom?

Banned
    Well, first we train monkeys not people. hehe

2nd...they are training to be used in the course of their duties .. ie against citizens.

call your congressman and the head of the IRS if you like and express your displeasure.

personally, i think that they are more likely to shoot themselves ...

Banned
    The IRS does more than just collect income taxes. They do have law enforcement officers, not just auditors.

That being said, the income tax and the IRS need to go away.

www.fairtax.org

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Fair Tax is an oxymoron.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Fair Tax is an oxymoron.
    The name is stupid. The idea is golden.

www.fairtax.org

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    The name is stupid. The idea is golden.

www.fairtax.org
    I've definitely heard of it and looked into it before, but it's been a while and I can't remember near enough to carry on a conversation about it. I will check it out again, though.

Back to the OP, I definitely don't like the idea of IRS agents carrying weapons. Why does the IRS need it's own enforcement division, anyway? Structurally that doesn't make sense to me. Seems to open up a lot of doors that should remained closed, locked and barricaded.

And people say taxation isn't like taking money at the point of a gun and upon threat of death....

Banned
    Why do they need law enforcement? Because they do more than just collect income taxes. Since that is how we usually interact with them (and it is so horrific), we tend to think that that is all they are.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    And people say taxation isn't like taking money at the point of a gun and upon threat of death....
    Who says that?

I've always said taxation is armed robbery, like a bank robber with a gun in his pocket, just because you don't see the weapon doesn't mean it's not there.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

Banned
    a VAT tax to replace the income tax ... now there's a good idea...NOT

people proposing this have never lived in a country with a VAT

ignorance is no way to propose tax reform

Banned
    I rarely respond to it on topic, but when it tells one of its falsehoods, I will call it on it.

The tax is not a VAT tax. It is a sales tax. Paid and collected in the same was as State sales taxes are today, not at all like VAT taxes, say in Denmark, where I lived and paid VAT taxes for years.

But, don't take my word (or its) for what the Fair Tax is. Read it for yourself: www.fairtax.org.