• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IRS trained with AR-15

katsung47

Jeff Duncan questions IRS gun usage

As chairman of the House Homeland Security oversight subcommittee, Duncan (R-S.C.) toured a federal law enforcement facility in late May and noticed agents training with the semi-automatic weapons at a firing range. They identified themselves as IRS, he said.

“When I left there, it’s been bugging me for weeks now, why IRS agents are training with a semi-automatic rifle AR-15, which has stand-off capability,” Duncan told POLITICO. “Are Americans that much of a target that you need that kind of capability?”

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/06/jeff-duncan-irs-rifle-training-92662.html#ixzz2WV3UkPPo

IRS with AR-15, to deal with whom?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well, first we train monkeys not people. hehe

2nd...they are training to be used in the course of their duties .. ie against citizens.

call your congressman and the head of the IRS if you like and express your displeasure.

personally, i think that they are more likely to shoot themselves ...

stealthyeliminator

The name is stupid. The idea is golden.

www.fairtax.org

I've definitely heard of it and looked into it before, but it's been a while and I can't remember near enough to carry on a conversation about it. I will check it out again, though.

Back to the OP, I definitely don't like the idea of IRS agents carrying weapons. Why does the IRS need it's own enforcement division, anyway? Structurally that doesn't make sense to me. Seems to open up a lot of doors that should remained closed, locked and barricaded.

And people say taxation isn't like taking money at the point of a gun and upon threat of death....

eye95

Why do they need law enforcement? Because they do more than just collect income taxes. Since that is how we usually interact with them (and it is so horrific), we tend to think that that is all they are.

ron73440

And people say taxation isn't like taking money at the point of a gun and upon threat of death....

Who says that?

I've always said taxation is armed robbery, like a bank robber with a gun in his pocket, just because you don't see the weapon doesn't mean it's not there.

davidmcbeth

Banned
a VAT tax to replace the income tax ... now there's a good idea...NOT

people proposing this have never lived in a country with a VAT

ignorance is no way to propose tax reform

eye95

I rarely respond to it on topic, but when it tells one of its falsehoods, I will call it on it.

The tax is not a VAT tax. It is a sales tax. Paid and collected in the same was as State sales taxes are today, not at all like VAT taxes, say in Denmark, where I lived and paid VAT taxes for years.

But, don't take my word (or its) for what the Fair Tax is. Read it for yourself: www.fairtax.org.