• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My weekend of OC in Wenatchee

fire suppressor

So this is about a week late but last week on my weekend I went over to Wenatchee I love the plains and the environment over there. I do not know the area very well but I opened carried around the general Wenatchee area without any problems at all. And I think I found the solution to open carry harassment! I met up with one of my old friends over there who just had her first kid. We met up for lunch downtown and about half way through the meal her newborn got cranky and started crying. The mom handed me the baby while she looked for a toy for the baby in her purse. Not having a kid of my own I was not sure what to do with a crying baby in my arms so I stood up and tried walking around a little. Not only did this help quiet the child down but it also gave a very clear view of my XD. The amazing thing is walking around with a baby and a gun I stared getting nods of approval and herd one couple whisper to each other about how responsible I am for carrying a gun and protecting my family. The entire situation had me laughing and by the time I had handed the baby back to its mother the entire restaurant was pro gun. Not sure how gun friendly Wenatchee is but I had not problems at all while I was there and was thanked for carrying a gun with a baby

Vitaeus

LoL, I find it is often easier to Open Carry when I am running around with one or more of my children. For the last couple years I have been a regular at various parks or McDonald's in Kitsap County. I cannot think of a better reason than being actively responsible for the safety and well being of my children. I have only had one negative encounter and that was in a restaurant where a man wanted to help me understand that I was going to get arrested for Open Carry, because "it is the law".

hermannr

LoL, I have only had one negative encounter and that was in a restaurant where a man wanted to help me understand that I was going to get arrested for Open Carry, because "it is the law".

I do hope you corrected the misunderstanding here. Never had one of those kind of encounters, kind of would like to educate someone like that.

hermannr

He was right, it is the law....in Chicago, New York, New Jersey

Actually, there is no law in NY against Open Carry if you are legal to carry. Yes, I know, they will protest in NY that it is "the law", but no-one can quote that law (this is because an "law" that prohibits OC doesn't exist in NY PL)

Vitaeus

Fellow was not listening, the idea that I was purposely NOT concealed and was there with my wife and kids was foreign to his world view. I don't get the folks that seem to think someone would intentionally wear a firearm in an unlawful manner, in the open.

brad98801

Wenatchee isn't bad at all for OC from my going on one full year of carrying now I haven't had any negative run ins with LEOs or anyone else for that matter its getting to be a pain finding ammo around here though

TheGunMan

Its Great

Wenatchee is a great place and they support open carriers. Been open carrying since 1989 at never had a bad encounter.
I have had many good encounters and even helped the local LEO's a time or two. I wish the rest of the US was like this.

XDNick9

LoL, I find it is often easier to Open Carry when I am running around with one or more of my children. For the last couple years I have been a regular at various parks or McDonald's in Kitsap County. I cannot think of a better reason than being actively responsible for the safety and well being of my children. I have only had one negative encounter and that was in a restaurant where a man wanted to help me understand that I was going to get arrested for Open Carry, because "it is the law".

I'll be moving back to Kitsap County from Ellensburg/Yakima by the end of this week. I have not seen anyone open carry out of the many years that I have lived there. I've been wanting to stop by the PO hideaway meets, so now I think i'll be available for those.