• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charles mill lake

rast1971

Since we have been having some good weather i've been going out to the lake to fish. i've have had a few double takes from other fishermen when they see my 45 but no comments. One day as i was unloading my gear from the car the warden stopped behind me and ask how i was doing, talked to him for 5 mins about the fishing and such and i saw him several times look at my firearm but he never mentioned it. Dont know if he made any calls after speaking with me but i stayed on the bank with my kids for about 3 hrs and never had any LEO's show up.​

BriKuz

DON'T hang out on the dam, spillway, or the dike over by the sail-boat-club... all are ACoE controlled for sure... who knows what other parts are... how can we get a definitive answer as to WHAT exactly is ACoE controlled and what isn't?!? If they are not willing to let us know WHAT is under their control, HOW are we supposed to follow the law?

BriKuz

DON'T hang out on the dam, spillway, or the dike over by the sail-boat-club... all are ACoE controlled for sure... who knows what other parts are... how can we get a definitive answer as to WHAT exactly is ACoE controlled and what isn't?!? If they are not willing to let us know WHAT is under their control, HOW are we supposed to follow the law?

Just called the Charles Mill supervisor... the dam itself, the area below the dam, and the levees and dike are the ONLY areas controlled by ACoE... the rest is Muskingum Water Conserv.... carry protected by 9.68... the super even lets people hunt and carry on ACoE land... but I wouldn't risk the felony personally...

rast1971

Just called the Charles Mill supervisor... the dam itself, the area below the dam, and the levees and dike are the ONLY areas controlled by ACoE... the rest is Muskingum Water Conserv.... carry protected by 9.68... the super even lets people hunt and carry on ACoE land... but I wouldn't risk the felony personally...

thanks for making that call ii guess i should of done that first. i assumed that the dam and levees were ACoE and stayed away from them, i went down to the open area est of the marina.