Thread: Preppers, RV fans, Human Race Could Be Preserved in Kansas Kaverns RV park.

Preppers, RV fans, Human Race Could Be Preserved in Kansas Kaverns RV park.

"ATCHISON, Kan. After most of the world's population is wiped off the map by a wayward meteorite or hail of nuclear missiles, the survival of the human race might just depend on a few thousand people huddled in recreational vehicles deep in the bowels of an eastern Kansas mine. That's the vision of a California man who is creating what he calls the world's largest private underground survivor shelter, using a complex of limestone caves dug more than 100 years ago beneath gently rolling hills overlooking the Missouri River."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/20...est=latestnews

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...&ar=1371732157
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

All of which depends on getting to the caves before the disaster begins. If you know when TEOTWAWKI will happen, keep your big mouth shut and start manipulating the stock and bond markets. Who cares about laws against "insider trading" - because there will be nothing left to prosecute you.

And about the caves. I'm going to ask the same question I ask about any survival heaven - what are you going to do about the garbage and other waste products that are going to be created? The only place I know of where you probably will not have to worry about putting some infrastructure in place ahead of time is Antarctica - if you dig a small pit and start dumping your waste in, it will start composting and not melt its way to bedrock for about 300 years (at leasdt based on the waste pit at Ross Station).

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Who would want to survive, if it means living under Kansas?

Banned

Preppers, RV fans, Human Race Could Be Preserved in Kansas Kaverns RV park.

Would you rather live on top of Kansas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

The essential point of preparing, "prepping" has been made. When the SHTF it's too late, all the smart folks will already be there. Well maybe not under Kansas.

Dorothy: [has just arrived in Oz, looking around and awed at the beauty and splendor] Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more.

Dorothy: [after a pause] We must be over the rainbow! [a bubble appears in the sky and gets closer and closer. It finally lands, then turns into Glinda the Good Witch wearing a spectacular white dress and crown, holding a wand]

Dorothy: [to Toto] Now I... I know we're not in Kansas!
    As my sainted mother taught, "Heaven or Hell is here and now, your reward for which you have been preparing your life."
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-20-2013 at 06:39 PM.

"There has been no war on our soil in over 100 years, so the horror of war is not stamped indelibly in Americans' minds," said Seyfried, a member of The American Civil Defense Association's advisory board.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/20...#ixzz2Wndg4jEt
    Actually 178 years, but who's keeping count?

What exactly do they intend to eat? last I checked there weren't that many crops growing in limestone....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    What exactly do they intend to eat? last I checked there weren't that many crops growing in limestone.
    Mushrooms, same as ... well, mushrooms thrive in the dark and there will be plenty of 'growth medium'.

All official preppers are required to keep a year's worth of rations.

About mushrooms; this cool and wet spring, soon to be summer, has yielded a bumper crop of mushrooms. The morels were spectacular - a neighbor dropped off a grocery sack full. My shaggy manes are showing early, and I am anticipating chanterelles by the hundred weight. We even have a road named Morel Cutoff nearby.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-20-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Banned
    Live in KS or be dead ..... you know which is preferable ...

In case you missed the announcement when it first came out:

Kansas is in fact flatter than a pancake. http://www.improbable.com/airchives/...i3/kansas.html http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2003/ju...otcakes_study/ http://www.geekosystem.com/kansas-fl...han-a-pancake/

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit