Thread: Open Carry: Seattle

Open Carry: Seattle

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone has had experience (positive or negative) with open carry in Seattle. My first experience was 25 MAY 2013. I attended the March Against Monsanto demonstration. I was concealed at the time. The march diverted and converged onto the Folk Life Festival, at the park by Key Arena. At that time, I decided to just open carry. Between the march attendees and the festival people, there were hundreds of people in one place. I had NO negative experience. The Seattle PD Officers were totally cool. I got a few looks from citizens, which is to be expected, but NO negative contact from anyone. I am curious if Seattle PD has been properly trained and it has worked, or if they were briefed to be on their best behavior for this event. The input I am curious about is regarding recent experiences - like in the year 2013.
    Thanks, all. Enjoy Your Freedoms.
    -Rogue-

Welcome to OCDO. If you want info on experiences with OC in Seattle just read some of the few thousand posted here.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by RogueReflections View Post
    Hello all. I was wondering if anyone has had experience (positive or negative) with open carry in Seattle. My first experience was 25 MAY 2013. I attended the March Against Monsanto demonstration. I was concealed at the time. The march diverted and converged onto the Folk Life Festival, at the park by Key Arena. At that time, I decided to just open carry. Between the march attendees and the festival people, there were hundreds of people in one place. I had NO negative experience. The Seattle PD Officers were totally cool. I got a few looks from citizens, which is to be expected, but NO negative contact from anyone. I am curious if Seattle PD has been properly trained and it has worked, or if they were briefed to be on their best behavior for this event. The input I am curious about is regarding recent experiences - like in the year 2013.
    Thanks, all. Enjoy Your Freedoms.
    -Rogue-
    There are a few in SPD that think they are the only people who should carry, but they are the few. Personally, never had a problem but I seldom enter Seattle any more.

Others have had different experiences that have allowed them to pick Seattle's pocket for a bit of extra change, and have some left over to feed the lawyers. Your mileage will very, but basically, you should have no problems most of the time.

Here is an open carry report thread for Seattle, it has a few posts/experiences.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...unty-OC-Report
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

It'll be about the same as your reaction from Port of Tacoma on your YouTube channel. Mixed. Some are cool with it, some are not.
    www.WaGuns.org

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!