• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry: Seattle

RogueReflections

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone has had experience (positive or negative) with open carry in Seattle. My first experience was 25 MAY 2013. I attended the March Against Monsanto demonstration. I was concealed at the time. The march diverted and converged onto the Folk Life Festival, at the park by Key Arena. At that time, I decided to just open carry. Between the march attendees and the festival people, there were hundreds of people in one place. I had NO negative experience. The Seattle PD Officers were totally cool. I got a few looks from citizens, which is to be expected, but NO negative contact from anyone. I am curious if Seattle PD has been properly trained and it has worked, or if they were briefed to be on their best behavior for this event. The input I am curious about is regarding recent experiences - like in the year 2013.
Thanks, all. Enjoy Your Freedoms.
-Rogue-

hermannr

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone has had experience (positive or negative) with open carry in Seattle. My first experience was 25 MAY 2013. I attended the March Against Monsanto demonstration. I was concealed at the time. The march diverted and converged onto the Folk Life Festival, at the park by Key Arena. At that time, I decided to just open carry. Between the march attendees and the festival people, there were hundreds of people in one place. I had NO negative experience. The Seattle PD Officers were totally cool. I got a few looks from citizens, which is to be expected, but NO negative contact from anyone. I am curious if Seattle PD has been properly trained and it has worked, or if they were briefed to be on their best behavior for this event. The input I am curious about is regarding recent experiences - like in the year 2013.
Thanks, all. Enjoy Your Freedoms.
-Rogue-

There are a few in SPD that think they are the only people who should carry, but they are the few. Personally, never had a problem but I seldom enter Seattle any more.

Others have had different experiences that have allowed them to pick Seattle's pocket for a bit of extra change, and have some left over to feed the lawyers. Your mileage will very, but basically, you should have no problems most of the time.