Thread: Zimmerman's jury selected, all female. Details and interesting supplements at

Zimmerman's jury selected, all female. Details and interesting supplements at

Zimmerman's jury selected, all female. Details and interesting supplements at Andrew Branca's LegalInsurrection.com 'Zimmerman Trial LIVE'

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/06...overage//#more

A supplement, today, is a juror questionnaire from another previous trial.

http://lawofselfdefense.com/wp-conte...stionnaire.pdf

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...hosen/2442513/ All-female Zimmerman jury chosen
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-20-2013 at 05:52 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

The Six-Person Jury in the Zimmerman Case. Eugene Volokh

"Naturally, having a six-person jury rather than a twelve-person jury makes it more likely that the jury will have an unusual demographic mix, such as the Zimmerman jury, which is all female and has no blacks (it apparently consists of five white women and one Hispanic woman). Having a six-person jury will also tend to decrease the likelihood of a hung jury[my emphasis], since a jury of twelve is mathematically more likely to have one outlier holdout than a jury of six (though of course there are complicated social dynamics of the jury in play, as well as the purely mathematical probabilities)."

http://www.volokh.com/2013/06/20/the...immerman-case/

I wouldn't want a all female jury 12 or 6.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Banned

If the defense did not willingly go along with an all-woman jury, they have grounds for an appeal of a conviction.

Zimmerman should not want a hung jury. While a hung jury is preferable to a conviction, I think it will be infinitely harder to get six guilty votes than to get six not guilty votes.

Branca came here, behaved like an ass, and then left in a flounce and pout. While I would have otherwise read his blog, I have no interest anymore in anything he has to say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    I wouldn't want a all female jury 12 or 6.
    Having watched the jury selection process... nearly all of the worse jurors were men. like the guy who claimed to have no bias until the defense trolled his facebook page and found death threats againt the sanford police for not arresting Z fast enough...

another man said he believed all killing, even self defense was murder,

etc etc etc

I think actually the jury selected may not be too bad....

unless you're worried menstruation will attract wild animals into the jury room....
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 06-20-2013 at 06:54 PM.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    If the defense did not willingly go along with an all-woman jury, they have grounds for an appeal of a conviction.

Zimmerman should not want a hung jury. While a hung jury is preferable to a conviction, I think it will be infinitely harder to get six guilty votes than to get six not guilty votes.

Branca came here, behaved like an ass, and then left in a flounce and pout. While I would have otherwise read his blog, I have no interest anymore in anything he has to say.

<o>
    Branca has been posting regularily on Northwest Firearms Community and his analysis has been professional and spot on, I would like to see those threads on here....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Citation. Grounds for appeal are a matter of law and of Rule (5). There is no mandate to a jury of twelve and not in Florida law.

Moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Citation. Grounds for appeal are a matter of law and of Rule (5). There is no mandate to a jury of twelve and not in Florida law.

Moving on.
    gee lighten up,

COMMENTS EDITED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Using another's avatar in an insulting manner.
    Last edited by John Pierce; 06-24-2013 at 09:37 AM.

NRA Member

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

Moving on.
    All you had to do was ask. Behaving like an ass without first allowing me a chance to meet your request was childish. If you made a request for a citation and I said that none was necessary because my contention was obvious (it is), then a snarky repeated demand would be called for. However, I will happily provide support for my contention.

For most appeals there need be no law that was violated. For example, there have been many cases where an appeal was based on an all-white jury convicting a black defendant. (If you are foolish enough to ask me to cite them, I will post several, however that will just highlight your petty reasons for asking for citations.) While those cases did not result in a ruling saying that the defendant has a right to not have an all-white jury, if discrimination was used to obtain that all-white jury, the defendant will win the appeal.

The point is not that Zimmerman will win such an appeal, however, if his lawyer actively tried to get a mixed-sex jury, and judge acted with discrimination to ensure an all-female jury, then he would likely win the appeal, just as some black defendants have won appeals because discrimination resulted in an all-white jury.

So, clearly, the all-female jury would be grounds for appeal. There is no guarantee that Zimmerman would win such an appeal (or even that such an appeal would even be heard), however, that is not what I contended.

Moving on.

<o>

Re: Zimmerman's jury selected, all female. Details and interesting supplements at

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    gee lighten up,

COMMENTS EDITED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Using another's avatar in an insulting manner.
    :thumbup:

Sent from the back of a black van
    Last edited by John Pierce; 06-24-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Banned

<o>
    Just put some glitter on him and have him change his name to "Edward" before the trial ... not guilty ..

Or change name to "Jacob" ....

Hard choices for a defense to decide...

One may think that an all-women jury is bad for Zimmerman, but some of them are older, and therefore more likely respectful of the right to defend one's self as well as aware of the fact that the world is polluted with thugs like Trayvoscum.

ive been following this since nbc first edited the 911 calls and "broke" the story. Z may have made some bad decisions that night but soooo much has been manipulated by the media.

Z followed T... it sounds like he was then when asked not to by 911, he responds OK and proceeds to give directions to the pool house of where he'll meet the LEOs
    Z was a cop wanna be... yes, until he went on some ride alongs with stanford PD and outed them at a town hall meeting for sleeping on the job, going to parties on duty and profiling
    Z mentored two black kids (not in media)
    Z raised awareness about a stanford PD LT's son who beat a black homeless man and wasnt charged. i think he may have even been recognized by them for it.
    T was known for fighting, assaulting a bus driver, drugs, the stupid sweet tea and skittles are used to make "lean" (cough syrup, tea and skittles).

anyway, there is lots more but of course, it is heavily manipulated so we arrive at the decision to convict Z.

We won't know anything about the choice of the jury until the fat lady sings. All the rest of the stuff does not matter until that time.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Re: Zimmerman's jury selected, all female. Details and interesting supplements at

Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    ive been following this since nbc first edited the 911 calls and "broke" the story. Z may have made some bad decisions that night but soooo much has been manipulated by the media.

Z followed T... it sounds like he was then when asked not to by 911, he responds OK and proceeds to give directions to the pool house of where he'll meet the LEOs
    Z was a cop wanna be... yes, until he went on some ride alongs with stanford PD and outed them at a town hall meeting for sleeping on the job, going to parties on duty and profiling
    Z mentored two black kids (not in media)
    Z raised awareness about a stanford PD LT's son who beat a black homeless man and wasnt charged. i think he may have even been recognized by them for it.
    T was known for fighting, assaulting a bus driver, drugs, the stupid sweet tea and skittles are used to make "lean" (cough syrup, tea and skittles).

anyway, there is lots more but of course, it is heavily manipulated so we arrive at the decision to convict Z.
    Just wondering where you got that lean recipe? Because it's wrong as can be.

The rest I agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by minarchist View Post
    One may think that an all-women jury is bad for Zimmerman, but some of them are older, and therefore more likely respectful of the right to defend one's self as well as aware of the fact that the world is polluted with thugs like Trayvoscum.

I tend to think it could go either way. Women being the weaker sex think about their physical safety more often than men (why women take their keys out of purse before leaving store). So they would have never left the security of their locked car that night so the may look down on GZ for that move. But they could also relate to being fearful in a pitch black courtyard.

The other thing is that I would bet not many of them have ever been in a fist fight much less been on the losing end of one. So it may be hard for them to relate to GZ as to the fear he felt right before he pulled his gun. plenty of men also never been in a fight so may be a wash.

If the women were ever victims of domestic violence I would bet that is the closest thing they could get to what GZ was feeling that night. As terrible as it is to say that.

Being this message board is mostly men the female perspective may be hard to come by here.

Quote Originally Posted by SPOProds View Post
    Just wondering where you got that lean recipe? Because it's wrong as can be.

The rest I agree with.

well pardon me, i dont know much about lean!!! i just heard from a guy who washes cars for my company that a lot of rappers are addicted to it and it's a drink of your choice with jolly ranchers or skittles and perscription cough syrup. doesnt make any sense but........

also a good article about Zimmerman here: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...Sanford-Police

Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    well pardon me
    Didn't mean for it to come off as an attack. The crowd I use to hang around weren't the most upstanding. I learned alot, however, to make the conclusion he was going to make lean with skittles and an Arizona are a little far fetched.