Thread: Old Navy Employees in West Hartford dont like Open Carry...

Old Navy Employees in West Hartford dont like Open Carry...

just wanted to let everybody know as the title says,
    Old Navy 1459 New Britain ave West Hartford CT 06110
    employees doesnt like open carry and are very sensitive to it
    they will hassle you....Cops were called but no contact with
    me at all and i dont know if Old Navy called or if it was
    whoever was getting scared

Banned
    well if they don't have signage up then you did nothing wrong if you left upon request...

no signs at that time and i wasnt ask to leave
    but was asked what was the deal with the gun
    and if i was a cop, when i said no they wanted
    me to cover it(conceal) due to "scared people"..
    this was on fathers day and i was with my 8 yr old
    son, i dont feel like concealing so i left after that
    even tho i needed to get some more stuff..cops
    were parked right in front of the door 2 or 3 cruisers..
    i just walked to my car and left and i dont know if
    they notice me walking out..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GARGOYLE View Post
    no signs at that time and i wasnt ask to leave
    but was asked what was the deal with the gun
    and if i was a cop, when i said no they wanted
    me to cover it(conceal) due to "scared people"..
    this was on fathers day and i was with my 8 yr old
    son, i dont feel like concealing so i left after that
    even tho i needed to get some more stuff..cops
    were parked right in front of the door 2 or 3 cruisers..
    i just walked to my car and left and i dont know if
    they notice me walking out..
    well, everybody did not go crazy ... you left, end of issue.

thx for letting us know that they don't like americans shopping there

gargoyle-

I realize you are new to the forum. Here is a audio snipet from the DPS Commissioner from a hearing last year stating that if people don't like the fact your carrying openly...tough. Give a listen...........................................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9geV7WMxPw

Quote Originally Posted by Ctclassic View Post
    gargoyle-

I realize you are new to the forum. Here is a audio snipet from the DPS Commissioner from a hearing last year stating that if people don't like the fact your carrying openly...tough. Give a listen...........................................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9geV7WMxPw
    That was actually one of the members of the Board of Firearm Permit Examiners telling the DESPP representative that they cannot revoke a permit simply for open carrying, there has to be another crime, especially when the complainant came to the alleged "nuisance"....this particular case was about a man who was arrested for stepping out his front door to speak to a guy who was trying to repo his car, the guy had proof he was paid up, went back in the house to get the proof (and put on his gun/shoulder holster) he then came back out to show the proof to the tow driver while wearing the handgun secured in a shoulder holster, the driver "felt uneasy" and called the cops. He was subsequently arrested, I think it was a BOP or Threatening charge they hit him with, guy wound up taking a plea and using AR to keep his record clean, Board went on to say he should have fought the charges in court as in their opinion he broke no laws, they of course returned his permit to him.
    Member:, NRA Patron Life, NSSF, CCDL, CT Carry, MRPC and Bell City
    NRA Certified Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer - Basic Pistol, Home Firearm Safety, Metallic Cartridge/Shotgun Shell Reloading - www.ctpistolpermit.com

Quote Originally Posted by brk913 View Post
    That was actually one of the members of the Board of Firearm Permit Examiners telling the DESPP representative that they cannot revoke a permit simply for open carrying, there has to be another crime, especially when the complainant came to the alleged "nuisance"....this particular case was about a man who was arrested for stepping out his front door to speak to a guy who was trying to repo his car, the guy had proof he was paid up, went back in the house to get the proof (and put on his gun/shoulder holster) he then came back out to show the proof to the tow driver while wearing the handgun secured in a shoulder holster, the driver "felt uneasy" and called the cops. He was subsequently arrested, I think it was a BOP or Threatening charge they hit him with, guy wound up taking a plea and using AR to keep his record clean, Board went on to say he should have fought the charges in court as in their opinion he broke no laws, they of course returned his permit to him.
    http://ctcarry.com/Permits/Unconcealed

http://ctcarry.com/Document/Details/...7-5e751e033459
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum