Thread: customs & border patrol harassing private pilots

customs & border patrol harassing private pilots

This page intentionally left blank to ensure proper formatting of the real post, not having it messed up by the ad that's usually in the right of this space.

The AOPA is reporting harassment of some private pilots by CBP, for flights which start, continue, and end within US borders.
    Apparently some people have been detained for hours while agents tear up their planes & property.

Here's a letter from the AOPA to the CBP. Among other things, they're taken to task for trying to say that the response to the AOPA open records request (which apparently has a 20-day window) would take 6 months.
    http://www.aopa.org/-/media/Files/AO...ki20130619.pdf

Here's their advice to pilots, in a form meant to be printed & carried.
    http://www.aopa.org/-/media/Files/AO...sKneeboard.pdf

Its funny how the tyrants in the office (progressives) want nothing more than to let millions of "undocumented, potential voters" into our country but have a real problem with law abiding Americans. If these pilots were muslim they would be left alone.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    Its funny how the tyrants in the office (progressives) want nothing more than to let millions of "undocumented, potential voters" into our country but have a real problem with law abiding Americans. If these pilots were muslim they would be left alone.
    <chuckle> So, maybe lots of private aircraft owners should paint Arabic lettering on their fuselages. Maybe some nose art of a burka-clad woman, a few palm fronds, crossed scimitars?

When the BP shows up to "inspect", just ask which way is east, and then unroll your prayer mat in that direction.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    It is uncanny how similar that advice is to the advice that many give to OCers regarding encounters with LE.

BTW, it is unfortunate that you had to post that disclaimer in your first post.