Thread: Video: Clifton Heights Open Carry Encounter

Video: Clifton Heights Open Carry Encounter

Hadn't seen this one pop up here yet, thought I would share it. Not me in the video.

From the description:
    "I was out for breakfast this morning, doing my normal everyday thing, when I was approached by an extremely rude and unprofessional police officer. His Sergeant was also there. This is the conversation." (SIC)
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Post to UTube by Mark Fiorino of Philadelphia, that should be a familiar name here. A simple OCDO search got thirty hits.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Post to UTube by Mark Fiorino of Philadelphia, that should be a familiar name here. A simple OCDO search got thirty hits.
    I have yet to get the OCDO search function to work and produce any results for me in the last 3 years. I gave up even trying. I will peruse the first 2-3 pages of a sub-forum and if I don't see a relevant thread to the subject I want to mention I will post it. I am sure that Grape can merge my thread if he wants, but spreading awareness of a video like this can't be a bad thing I'd think. (so long as we don't have 30 links in the same sub)

Edit: on review of your comment once more I think you meant searching the name of the person and not the video itself? If so, I apologize for my above comment in it's seeming rashness. I meant no harm.
    Last edited by Baked on Grease; 06-21-2013 at 09:02 AM.
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

No offence taken, no harm no foul.

The obvious disuse of the local search function is troubling and interesting. I suspect that some avoid its use as an excuse to build post counts. It may also be the case that the mind boggling complexity of these pages interferes in some way with the usual search function.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

The more I see officers completely ignore questions, the more noticeable it becomes.

It happens so often in this video, every non-sequitur is almost like a slap in the face:

OC'er: "Am I being detained?"

Officer: "We're just responding to a call".......etc.

It might as well be:

OC'er: "Am I doing anyhting illegal?"

Officer: "I like mashed potatoes."

This has to be a tactic included in officer training curriculum. (If not officially, than "unofficially" by word of mouth.)

I could discuss this here, but that would derail the intent of this thread in discussing the video, so I'll move it here:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...20#post1951820

Last edited by Superlite27; 06-21-2013 at 11:46 AM.