• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alcohol consumption limit while carrying

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
If alcohol magically means no firearm, don't forget your pocket knife. While you are at it, your car keys can't be in your possession either, and you should probably file your fingernails dull beforehand, too.

S&W357mag

Arizona has no laws restricting someone from drinking while handling guns. It only becomes an issue when someone begins acting in such a manner that they present a danger to their self, or others. So no, it's not addressed legally speaking. Can't do that in Alaska though, and they supposedly have fewer restrictive gun laws than any other state, not.

I was at one of my favorite shooting spots in the desert and these guys showed up with a cooler full of beer, and they proceeded to get out right drunk. My Son and I packed up and then ran into a sheriff, and so we reported it to him. He told us that unless they were acting dangerously, they were not violating the law, it's legal to drink and shoot. It's also legal to hunt drunk.

This does not mean it is a good idea, it's not, it's very irresponsible I think. I mean, I see nothing wrong with someone having a beer or two while hunting or shooting, but it becomes dangerous when they reach a point of intoxication, in my opinion.

S&W357mag

OC for ME

Drinking and hunting do not mix. Drinking and target shooting do not mix. Drink after any planned target shooting or hunting.

At home the "guns and no booze" crowd either do not drink, ever, or should lock up their guns and take their chances in a SD situation.

Away from home, follow the law and your conscience.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Yeah... I drink and carry. So what? I frequent bars and road houses too. I'm no saint, but I've never had a DUI either. There's no 'legal limit' while heeled or in your vehicle in any ARS 13 that I can find. .

Yep, he's a Rebel. I agree with you mate. I wear my weapon 100% of the time, and that includes when I have a beer at home or a margarita in a restaurant. Do I get intoxicated? No, I am an adult and I like being in control of my faculties.

A wise man once said..."The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington"

Kopis

the US is very strange in that a lot of people drink but publically say alcohol is bad, especially where i live. I can go out with my friends and have 2-3 beers, a few appetizers and wouldnt think twice about CCing for the walk back to the car in downtown memphis. Now, if youre stumbling drunk.... bad idea.

Same goes for weekend shooting. I have two other buds that we do medium range AR shooting, we may have 1-3 beers over a few hours, not to mention many long walks across the field to setup targets.

I know a lot of people will bash this but to each their own. You can be responsible and mix the two i believe just like you can have a few beers and still drive.

Rusty Young Man

the US is very strange in that a lot of people drink but publically say alcohol is bad, especially where i live. I can go out with my friends and have 2-3 beers, a few appetizers and wouldnt think twice about CCing for the walk back to the car in downtown memphis. Now, if youre stumbling drunk.... bad idea.

Same goes for weekend shooting. I have two other buds that we do medium range AR shooting, we may have 1-3 beers over a few hours, not to mention many long walks across the field to setup targets.

I know a lot of people will bash this but to each their own. You can be responsible and mix the two i believe just like you can have a few beers and still drive.

But...but...but... alcohol makes you beat your spouse and say mean things! And everyone knows firearms turn you into a violent terrorist like the Taliban! /sarcasm off

Last edited:

HPmatt

My limit in most circumstances is zero.

Once in the last 10 years I had ONE beer.

If you are referred to 3.2 beer, the first and only time I drank it was doing construction work in Valiant OK in 1982 - we didn't bring enough 'normal' beer up from Houston.