• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This guy doesn't get it...

Pop

aby4u7yt.jpg

I don't think he gets it?

FreeInAZ

Well most criminals look for easy prey. The last thing they want are extra holes being put in them vs. their intended victims. I speculate, as a 7/11 stick-up professional is not avilable for me to question; that if he/she see's a armed person in a store prior to entering, they will simply go down the road. If he/she notices once inside prior to announcing / displaying their weapon, again they simply leave.

If you're in a CCer's fantasy world, the ideal situation is to have a OCer with you in every quickeee-mart. This way he/she can get shot while you fumble for your pistol under your garments, then wait for that "right time" to go on the attack. Of course this is just that,their fantasy. Rambo, John. J, wannabe's. :rolleyes:

kurt555gs

The CC bunch have similar wording that they copy/paste when ever the subject of OC comes up in any forum. It's kinda the CC'ers creed.

Carthago Delenda Est

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

A lot of assumptions if one could predict how a BG was going to react to the presents of a armed person.

Life would be a lot easier trouble is that armed encounters are not predictable.

A lot of if this happens and when this happens.

I am a big believer in some forethought and thinking ahead and playing the what if game.

Doing that helps one remain alert and ready but there are not hard fast rules that things well go as planned.

Not matter if one OCs or CCs stay alert ,use cover, have a plan, know the law and act a accordingly.

eye95

Well most criminals look for easy prey. The last thing they want are extra holes being put in them vs. their intended victims. I speculate, as a 7/11 stick-up professional is not avilable for me to question; that if he/she see's a armed person in a store prior to entering, they will simply go down the road. If he/she notices once inside prior to announcing / displaying their weapon, again they simply leave.

If you're in a CCer's fantasy world, the ideal situation is to have a OCer with you in every quickeee-mart. This way he/she can get shot while you fumble for your pistol under your garments, then wait for that "right time" to go on the attack. Of course this is just that,their fantasy. Rambo, John. J, wannabe's. :rolleyes:

No speculation necessary. Google Waffle House Kennesaw Georgia Open Carry and see what comes up.

papa bear

have to agree with SKIDMARK. i don't think either one gets it. there is no record of any OCer being shot because they were OCing.

there was a study done in the early 90's, of convicts in a prison. i believe it was 98% that said they would not try anything if they knew that the potential victim was armed. in other words they would run when they saw someone armed

stealthyeliminator

No speculation necessary. Google Waffle House Kennesaw Georgia Open Carry and see what comes up.

I read a couple of forums in which some CCers (I use that generalization, even though I am technically a CC only guy) were discussing this case. MADE ME WANT TO FACEPALM!

Why would one think that hiding their firearm is going to magically cause the criminals to ignore them? It just doesn't work that way.

I love it when the commenter starts with "Now, if I was robbing a store, I would plan out some sort of strategy..." ROFL, and that is where I stopped reading.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I suggest that CCers with a hero complex invest in a box of depends, because the only thing they will probably drop is a load in their britches. There is no time for pulling a gun, even if one is OCing. When SHTF your poop is already in the wind. What we have going for us is the bad guy just does not like the odds of getting shot. Even if he has the drop, or the odds are small, I don't blame the bad guy, small odds of getting shot are still not good odds.

Maverick9

Some thoughts on this.

It's difficult, lacking experience, to understand how bad situations can happen, what is happening, how predatory criminals think/operate/plan. It's all too easy to get caught up in the imaginary world of movies and TV, where we have a team of military-style operators hitting a business, and think 'oh they're going to do this or that' (shoot the LACs with firearms). If you get caught up in that, if you get ambushed by superior firepower, superior experience, you are going to be lucky to get out alive.

When people with no experience are typing these blogs, I guarantee you they're thinking about TV and Movies, so -of course- they're going to warn those who are openly armed they'll be seen as targets.

Now days, even if you're trained up, you might be in condition white or yellow, but when someone is going to rob or take out a business they are going to by hyped up, in hot blood sometimes. Other times it's like the waffle house - they might look it over and see if there's a counter threat.

YOU NEVER KNOW. So to ruminate about things you can't control, to think about superior force ambushes as a 'reason' to arm up a particular way, is really a waste of time. Your imaginary scenario is not 'the scenario'.

What are your choices? Don't carry? Put a coat over it? In reality OC is an effective deterrent and if more people would do it, soon it would tip the scales.

I do wonder about some things - there are places where you are kind of exposed. In line to check out hunched over your shopping cart; in a store looking at a suit of clothes in the corner, back to the door. You can't always be assured you're not being crept up on. How do most OCDO OC-ers handle these?

My solution is to, as much as possible, partner up. I think it gives you about 10x the SA potential than you might have as a single carrier. You are watching each others' backs.

stealthyeliminator

I do wonder about some things - there are places where you are kind of exposed. In line to check out hunched over your shopping cart; in a store looking at a suit of clothes in the corner, back to the door. You can't always be assured you're not being crept up on. How do most OCDO OC-ers handle these?

My solution is to, as much as possible, partner up. I think it gives you about 10x the SA potential than you might have as a single carrier. You are watching each others' backs.

I have been wondering if the majority of the guys here use retention holsters or not, or have any retention training (which I know that retention training isn't something you can simply sign up to do on any given weekend...)

WalkingWolf

I have been wondering if the majority of the guys here use retention holsters or not, or have any retention training (which I know that retention training isn't something you can simply sign up to do on any given weekend...)

Actually you can sign up for retention training, there are many MA instructors out there that teach common sense, good retention tactics. It costs money though. There are some instructors who post their training online that costs nothing, but it is not the same as in person training.

stealthyeliminator

Actually you can sign up for retention training, there are many MA instructors out there that teach common sense, good retention tactics. It costs money though. There are some instructors who post their training online that costs nothing, but it is not the same as in person training.

Ohh well that is good to know, thanks for the correction. I guess I should have considered the fact that there simply wouldn't be a market for retention training in my area but that isn't necessarily the case elsewhere.

WalkingWolf

Ohh well that is good to know, thanks for the correction. I guess I should have considered the fact that there simply wouldn't be a market for retention training in my area but that isn't necessarily the case elsewhere.

Have you asked some of the MA instructors in your area? They may not advertise retention training because that would not be the big money maker for them.

Pop

Which "he" are you referring to?

I don't think either one of the gets it.

stay safe.

There are 2 people in the post. The first and last comment are made by the same person. The middle comment is my own sarcasm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cteaglesfan

What about this scenario

I think about this quite often, I CC and OC if the situation dictates. Let's dig realy deep in the 'what if' barrell and say that I see someone committing a crime with a weapon and I draw and shoot him. But there's another LAC or LEO around who doesn't notice the crime in progress BUT hears my shot, then shoots me because they believe i'm the one committing the crime??

It might sound like a stretch but thanks to Mr. Murphy, if it can happen, it probably will.

Any thoughts??

WalkingWolf

I think about this quite often, I CC and OC if the situation dictates. Let's dig realy deep in the 'what if' barrell and say that I see someone committing a crime with a weapon and I draw and shoot him. But there's another LAC or LEO around who doesn't notice the crime in progress BUT hears my shot, then shoots me because they believe i'm the one committing the crime??

It might sound like a stretch but thanks to Mr. Murphy, if it can happen, it probably will.

Any thoughts??

I think in most states you will be spending some time in the gray bar motel. If you are not a LEO you have no business sticking your nose in, unless someone's life is clearly in danger. And if you do not know the circumstances and you are wrong, you are screwed. If the crime is so unclear that another LAC or LEO does not see it, your firearm should stay in the holster.