• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at cool desert nights and renaissance fair

Soekris5501

I asked a similar question last year, but there were so many varied responses I wanted to see if I could get a more direct answer:

Is it illegal to OC/CC anywhere during the cool desert nights festivities which last the entire weekend or the renaissance fair? (Excluding 21+ only alcohol areas of course).

I ask because a lot of outdoor events include music festivals at both events and I do have a concern about that obscure RCW about carrying at "Outdoor music festivals".

Trigger Dr

If first must meet the definition of an "Outdoor music festival" Carefully read RCW 9.41.300 sections 3 & 4. If the event meets the specified number of participants, etc. you will then have an answer.

Stretch

Carry on. The primary purpose is for the car show, not a concert with over 2,000 people and over 5 hours.

Definitions.

For the purposes of this chapter the following words and phrases shall have the indicated meanings:

(1) "Applicant" means the promoter who has the right of control of the conduct of an outdoor music festival who applies to the appropriate legislative authority for a license to hold an outdoor music festival.

(2) "Issuing authority" means the legislative body of the local governmental unit where the site for an outdoor music festival is located.

(3) "Outdoor music festival" or "music festival" or "festival" means an assembly of persons gathered primarily for outdoor, live or recorded musical entertainment, where the predicted attendance is two thousand persons or more and where the duration of the program is five hours or longer: PROVIDED, That this definition shall not be applied to any regularly established permanent place of worship, stadium, athletic field, arena, auditorium, coliseum, or other similar permanently established places of assembly for assemblies which do not exceed by more than two hundred fifty people the maximum seating capacity of the structure where the assembly is held: PROVIDED, FURTHER, That this definition shall not apply to government sponsored fairs held on regularly established fairgrounds nor to assemblies required to be licensed under other laws or regulations of the state.

(4) "Participate" means to knowingly provide or deliver to the festival site supplies, materials, food, lumber, beverages, sound equipment, generators, or musical entertainment and/or to attend a music festival. A person shall be presumed to have knowingly provided as that phrase is used herein after he or she has been served with a court order.

(5) "Promoter" means any person or other legal entity issued a permit to conduct an outdoor music festival.

tannerwaterbury

I asked a similar question last year, but there were so many varied responses I wanted to see if I could get a more direct answer:

Is it illegal to OC/CC anywhere during the cool desert nights festivities which last the entire weekend or the renaissance fair? (Excluding 21+ only alcohol areas of course).

I ask because a lot of outdoor events include music festivals at both events and I do have a concern about that obscure RCW about carrying at "Outdoor music festivals".

Going off topic a bit, but where is the Ren Faire? I've been looking to participate in one, and if they allow OC i'd be all for going.