Thread: Standard Examoiner - Open carry fun run to be held in Spanish Fork, Utah Sept. 21st

Moderator / Administrator

Standard Examoiner - Open carry fun run to be held in Spanish Fork, Utah Sept. 21st

http://www.standard.net/stories/2013...l-include-guns

SNIP

SPANISH FORK -- Running and guns don’t usually go hand in hand, at least in the world of 5K races. Unless the race is the proposed Run4Guns this fall where participants will openly carry firearms as they run.

Run4Guns is billed as the nation’s first open carry race event. Organizers say the aim of the race is to stand up for 2nd Amendment Rights and support those who have been victims of gun related violence.

“One of the biggest misconceptions about gun violence is that we, as a society, can prevent it by limiting firearm ownership.” said Macgregor Whiting, co-director of the race. “Efforts to limit gun ownership have instead left law-abiding citizens complacently unaware and increasingly vulnerable.”

The event will be held Sept. 21 at the Spanish Fork Fairgrounds, 475 N. Main St. The entry fee is $20.

. . .

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Is this still happening?

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top_stories/story/Gun-advocates-plan-5k-run/YYZSm7kNbU6mcRD6uG0nXA.cspx

The link to register does not work:
    The run is scheduled for Sep. 21 in Spanish Fork. To register, click here.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Is this still happening?

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top_stories/story/Gun-advocates-plan-5k-run/YYZSm7kNbU6mcRD6uG0nXA.cspx

The link to register does not work:
    The run is scheduled for Sep. 21 in Spanish Fork. To register, click here.
    Don't know to answer your question.... researching now!

ETA: webpage of run4guns.com returns with a cryptic to me response of "pageok". Nothing local in the news. Listing of 5K runs in utah on a running forum does NOT list this run on the 21st. I am guessing it is NOT a current happening. If I get more or contrary info, I'll update.
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 09-13-2013 at 06:32 PM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

So... did it happen?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by desertborn View Post
    So... did it happen?
    A Google search reveals nothing since July
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    A Google search reveals nothing since July
    Since the organizers where planning on restricting firearm carry to only those firearms rendered unloaded and or ziptie inoperable I am not sure I am sad that it didn't happen.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"