• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Standard Examoiner - Open carry fun run to be held in Spanish Fork, Utah Sept. 21st

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.standard.net/stories/2013/06/21/utah-5k-run-will-include-guns

SNIP

SPANISH FORK -- Running and guns don’t usually go hand in hand, at least in the world of 5K races. Unless the race is the proposed Run4Guns this fall where participants will openly carry firearms as they run.

Run4Guns is billed as the nation’s first open carry race event. Organizers say the aim of the race is to stand up for 2nd Amendment Rights and support those who have been victims of gun related violence.

“One of the biggest misconceptions about gun violence is that we, as a society, can prevent it by limiting firearm ownership.” said Macgregor Whiting, co-director of the race. “Efforts to limit gun ownership have instead left law-abiding citizens complacently unaware and increasingly vulnerable.”

The event will be held Sept. 21 at the Spanish Fork Fairgrounds, 475 N. Main St. The entry fee is $20.

. . .

JoeSparky

Centurion
Is this still happening?

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top_stories/story/Gun-advocates-plan-5k-run/YYZSm7kNbU6mcRD6uG0nXA.cspx

The link to register does not work:
The run is scheduled for Sep. 21 in Spanish Fork. To register, click here.

Don't know to answer your question.... researching now!

ETA: webpage of run4guns.com returns with a cryptic to me response of "pageok". Nothing local in the news. Listing of 5K runs in utah on a running forum does NOT list this run on the 21st. I am guessing it is NOT a current happening. If I get more or contrary info, I'll update.

Last edited: