• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Snowden pardon petition at whitehouse.gov surpassed 100,000 signatures this morning

WalkingWolf

No offense but just more petitions for Obama to wipe his behind with, and more names for the data base they are keeping. He will probably send you thank you notes.

minarchist

I know that this, by itself, is unlikely to lead to a pardon, but it can be a catalyst for mass demonstrations after Obascum inevitably gives some worthless token response (which he has agreed to do for all petitions having > 100,000 signatures).

By "thank you notes" are you referring to the signers being given a moral justification for killing JBT filth when the latter attempt to bring them to death camps as punishment for signing the petition?

eye95

This stupidity again???

Look at me! I started a petition on the White House site!
Look at me! I signed a petition on the White House site!
Look at me! I read a petition on the White House site!
Look at me! I posted about a petition on the White House site!

All four of those actions are unmitigated stupidity.

eye95

What part of "petition the Government for a redress of grievances" do you have a problem with, gorilla man?

I said nothing of the sort. I merely said that starting, signing, reading, or posting about a petition on the White House site are all incredibly moronic moves.

It is dishonest to imply that I said I had a problem with the right that you quoted. However, I have come to expect dishonest tactics from you.

Moving on.

Last edited:

Ca Patriot

I merely said that starting, signing, reading, or posting about a petition on the White House site are all incredibly moronic moves.

I would agree with this.

Does anyone really think any politician cares about an online petition ?

Politics and policy is moved by billions of dollars and huge lobbying efforts pushed by groups with 20 million people and teams of lawyers and lobbyists.

Right or wrong, Snowden is a cooked goose and its just a matter of time before he is brought back to serve his 20 years in super max prison.

If people are going to take on the government they need to be smart and careful and not break the law.

Snowden wasn't very smart and he definetly wasn't careful.

eye95

Snowden pardon petition at whitehouse.gov surpassed 100,000 signatures this mor

It is worse than an online petition. It is on whitehouse.gov. Only a moron would think that Obama would look at any "petition" on that site that presents an opposing view as anything more than a list of people who bear watching.

The phrase that was pedantically tossed about earlier refers to the ability to address the government about what you feel it is doing wrong. What we call a "petition" today is only one tool to which the phrase refers. The petition of which the phrase speaks could be a letter or a phone call from an individual.

Calling a whitehouse.gov petition moronic is in no way a denial of the right to petition the government for redress of grievances. It is actually ignorant to think the phrase is specifically addressing what we, today, call a "petition."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

minarchist

I said nothing of the sort. I merely said that starting, signing, reading, or posting about a petition on the White House site are all incredibly moronic moves.

It is dishonest to imply that I said I had a problem with the right that you quoted. However, I have come to expect dishonest tactics from you.

Moving on.

It is dishonest to accuse me of implying that you have a problem with the right that you quoted.

My position is that you were denigrating a practice that the Constitution explicitly mentions, not that you oppose this right.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
It is worse than an online petition. It is on whitehouse.gov. Only a moron would think that Obama would look at any "petition" on that site that presents an opposing view as anything more than a list of people who bear watching.

The phrase that was pedantically tossed about earlier refers to the ability to address the government about what you feel it is doing wrong. What we call a "petition" today is only one tool to which the phrase refers. The petition of which the phrase speaks could be a letter or a phone call from an individual.

Calling a whitehouse.gov petition moronic is in no way a denial of the right to petition the government for redress of grievances. It is actually ignorant to think the phrase is specifically addressing what we, today, call a "petition."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

+1

A petition need not include multiple signatures. A petition can come from a single person.

All the rest of the rights in the Bill of Rights (except state powers) are individual rights.

As Ayn Rand wrote, (paraphrase) the smallest minority is a single person.

mpguy

Re: Snowden pardon petition at surpassed 100,000 signatures this morning

Media is going to have so much fun with this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2