• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW Wait Time

culdesac

How long?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SA XDM 45 5.25 Competition Model
SA XDS 45 3.3
Sig P238 Pearl

Bec

I am wondering the same thing. I have been waiting since the beginning of May.

Bec

culdesac

End of May here.

SA XDS 45 3.3
Sig P238 Pearl

culdesac

Still waiting.

SA XDS 45 3.3
Sig P238 Pearl

PavePusher

I applied for my renewal by mail on 17 April. I inquired about the status on 12 July by email and got this response: "Your application has been received and entered. At this time, it is pending the background check process. Please allow 60-75 business days for procesing."

So, technically, they have until 9 August to complete the process. Still waiting....

Oh well, they answered the email in less than 40 minutes. So there's that....

How long?

SA XDS 45 3.3
Sig P238 Pearl

Last edited:

PavePusher

So, they're now officially late.... Going to email tham again and see what's going on.

Edit: Follow-up

Well, they do send responses to email inquires darn quick, all credit for that. I'm going to assume they are swamped and have become back-logged. Looks like I will probably have it next week...

I apologize for the previous email. Your request should have been handled in a timely manner.

Your application is currently in background with two areas open. I will review the status. If I am able to clear the application, the permit should print and mail by Tuesday August 20. If there is a problem you will receive a phone call, explaining the problem. Thank you for your patience.

-----PavePusher <PavePusher> wrote: -----
To: "CCW@azdps.gov" <CCW@azdps.gov>
Date: 08/15/2013 02:10PM
Subject: Re: Azdps.gov General Inquiry

Any updates yet? Thanks!

PavePusher
Sikorsky Thunder

To: PavePusher <PavePusher >
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2013 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: Azdps.gov General Inquiry

Your application has been received and entered. At this time, it is pending the background check process. Please allow 60-75 business days for procesing.

Thank you

Last edited:

PavePusher

Finally got mine in the mail yesterday. Oddly, even though the envelope was dated 20 August, the permit is dated for the day they apparently first started processing, 3 May. So I'm being shorted 3 1/2 months. Wow. Interesting. I'm not sure if I should address this to them or not. What say you all?