• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some explain this to me...

mpguy

If Detroit is on the cliff of bankruptcy, how can they do this? Tapatalk doesn't do quotes to my knowledge, so the fuq is under the link. Apologies for that.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130620/BIZ/306200040

The proposed Red Wings arena will have fewer seats for fans — another example of professional sports franchises looking to increase bang for the buck.

The downtown arena and entertainment complex, if finalized, could accommodate approximately 18,000 hockey fans, or roughly 10 percent fewer than the 20,066 at Joe Louis Arena.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Welcome to understanding government.

We in the self-defense rights world have the most obvious indicator of government criminality and lust for power: disarming decent people. Think about it for just a moment. How much respect for others can any government official really have if he is willing to render good people defenseless in the face of aggression? All the stats about gun violence (sic), all the rhetoric about preventing school shootings, all the arguments about making communities safer cannot cover up that one glaring point: one must have complete and utter lack of respect for other human beings if he is willing to render them defenseless in the face of aggression.

It don't take much logic to guess that other kinds of abuses might arise.

And, I'll back up one step. Consent. What kind of person is willing to govern (sic for rule) another without his express consent, telling him what to do, what he can't do, coercing payment (taxes)? If a person, or a group of them, are willing to do that to others, then its no surprise at all to find all the other garbage, corruption, criminality, and depravity that comes to light continuously. Who could be surprised?

Its a little short-sighted to stand around and demand and howl about government abuses, demanding government behave within certain limitations, when individual express consent to be governed is so obviously missing. What did we think was gonna happen?

If a king, dictator, president, or majority is willing to rule others without the individual consent of each governed person, then it is no surprise at all when corruption, depravity, and criminality follows.

Ca Patriot

The majority of fans that attend professional sporting events don't live in the city where the arena is.

It has nothing to do with politics or corruption.

I've been a regular ticket holder to LA Lakers and LA Kings and I don't think I have ever sat next to someone who was from the city of Los Angeles.

People come from an almost 2 and half hour driving radius regularly.

mpguy

The majority of fans that attend professional sporting events don't live in the city where the arena is.

It has nothing to do with politics or corruption.

I've been a regular ticket holder to LA Lakers and LA Kings and I don't think I have ever sat next to someone who was from the city of Los Angeles.

People come from an almost 2 and half hour driving radius regularly.

This maybe true, but wouldn't it look better on the city to pay its debt? Let your average John Doe do something like that, and see how far they get in court.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2