• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to VA! Help me find competitons!

esheato

Hello everyone,

Name is Ed. I'm new to Virginia, by way of Texas and California. Being military has a way of making you not have an answer to "where are you from?"

Anyway, I'm loving it out here so far. Trees, grass, suppressors....what's not to like?

I'm posting because I need some assistance finding some competitions. I'm looking for short range benchrest and USPSA.

I did the loop from Manassas to Leesburg and then back through Gainesville on 66 yesterday. I stopped by Bull Run, Blue Ridge Arsenal, Sterling Arsenal (very impressed), and Silver Eagle Group. All seemed well stocked and staff were awesome. Lots of guns to be had, but not much shooting....especially outdoors.

Today I even went to Clark Brothers near Warrenton.

Please tell me there are some competitions in this area.

Thanks and I hope to meet some of you at the local shooting spots.

Ed

Tess

Founder's Club Member
esheato - welcome to OpenCarry.org

I'm nearly certain from your wording you're the individual I spoke with at the Manassas gun show this morning. I don't have any more to advise than I did, but I hope you find what you're looking for and that you enjoy Virginia!

mpguy

Hello everyone,

Name is Ed. I'm new to Virginia, by way of Texas and California. Being military has a way of making you not have an answer to "where are you from?"

Anyway, I'm loving it out here so far. Trees, grass, suppressors....what's not to like?

I'm posting because I need some assistance finding some competitions. I'm looking for short range benchrest and USPSA.

I did the loop from Manassas to Leesburg and then back through Gainesville on 66 yesterday. I stopped by Bull Run, Blue Ridge Arsenal, Sterling Arsenal (very impressed), and Silver Eagle Group. All seemed well stocked and staff were awesome. Lots of guns to be had, but not much shooting....especially outdoors.

Ed

Welcome to the state!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

supranite90

Hello everyone,

Ed

We shouldn't let Ed find out there is another Ed on here ;)...He might get jealous he's not the only Ed :banana:

Arma1911

Hello everyone,

Ed

Easheato,

Welcome to Virginia. Funny that just couple of weeks ago I had been looking for some shooting competitions. I have never competed but I thought it would be a great way to socialize and keep shooting fun. While searching online I came across the USPSA and the IDPA which I had never know existed previously. Looks like the participating ranges in our area are located in Fredericksburg, Quantico, and Lebanon Church (which I think is located near Strasburg). Anyway, I hope you find something and maybe I'll see you at one of the matches if I ever find the time (read courage) to go to one.

Again, welcome.

The Wolfhound

Welcome To Va. and OCDO

Be sure to join VCDL. The websites for most competitive shooting organizations would be good resources. I know that Black Creek and Cavalier down here in Central Va. have competitions of one sort or another almost every weekend.

esheato

esheato - welcome to OpenCarry.org

I'm nearly certain from your wording you're the individual I spoke with at the Manassas gun show this morning. I don't have any more to advise than I did, but I hope you find what you're looking for and that you enjoy Virginia!

Yes! It's me. Thank you and everyone else for the warm welcome.